Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Founding Member 2006
108,293 Posts

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG /2005 SLK350
6,088 Posts
Also, the maintenance booklet details the steps to be taken in each, e.g. Service 1, Service 2, Service 3, etc. My '05 starts on page 50.

·
*Registered
2006 SLK350
47 Posts

·
Founding Member 2006
108,293 Posts
if i remember correctly, those service then repeat themselves. so just use mileage and time and you will be ok.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,293 Posts
you mean on his display, right?

·
*Registered
2006 SLK350
47 Posts
if i remember correctly, those service then repeat themselves. so just use mileage and time and you will be ok.

I was thinking the same but there would should still 20 services listed UNLESS things have changed and there are inconsistensies with the manual and the actual dash service system.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,293 Posts

·
Founding Member 2006
108,293 Posts
services 1-20 explained on pages 56-63
and pages 50-51 gives the snapshot view based on mileage and time and what services (1-20) come due.
and yes, a software update might have changed what you are seeing on the display.

·
*Registered
2006 SLK350
47 Posts
services 1-20 explained on pages 56-63
and pages 50-51 gives the snapshot view based on mileage and time and what services (1-20) come due.
and yes, a software update might have changed what you are seeing on the display.
Yeah. I took a LOT of time to make sure I understood the services and even made my own timeline/chart when I first bought the car. I was impressed with the detail of the owners manual. I was just hoping that I would be able to use the dash system to accurately remind me of services after I did the maintenance from buying the used car forward. You know, reset everything and when something comes up on the display I KNOW it needs to be done because I cancelled the other ones. Kinda reset the car to brand new sort of.

BUT I'm fine with doing it the old fashioned way. Fortunately there really is only an A-B schedule when you relaly look at it. The things outside of the A-B are kinda big enough deals so you wont forget them anyway.

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG /2005 SLK350
6,088 Posts
Finally after almost 1 year I've cleared this darned error message. Embarrassing but true how simple it is! In the Instrument Cluster menus, in the Service Menu, under "Additional work", there are two dates for 1) Emissions inspection and 2) General inspection. You can set these dates to any month and year you desire, and if either is exceeded you recieve the corresponding warning. The solution is to simply set the month and year to sometime in the future and the message goes away until then!

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
55 Posts
So after resetting service as per previous instructions after oil and filter change etc. Even new discs and pads. I now get a message when I open door which reads" MAIN INSPECTION PERFORMED ON TIME?". I have tried another reset for service 3 , but still the same. Should I have selected another service like 4 or 5. I think the previous message said a service G was required.I know this only refers to a time for the work to be done but it would be more than a service 3. How do I sort it? I know the forum must know how.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,293 Posts
I don't know how to get into the forum to intro myself.
go here:

Your 1st thread should be your introduction so we can welcome you properly so post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already. New Members Introduce Yourself Here - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

top left , use the 'new thread' button

top a subject/title
in body, type somehting like 'Hello SLKWorld' :D
hit submit
you have just introduced yourself

Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

Your 1st thread should be your introduction so we can welcome you properly so post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already. New Members Introduce Yourself Here - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location and post an introduction first.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
*Registered
2005 SLK200
648 Posts
I changed my oil and filter today and tried to reset my service indicator.

Got nowhere at all :crying:

Sat for an hour with no luck whatsoever :frown:

Help!! :grin:

·
Founding Member 2006
108,293 Posts
patience and making sure you are 'pressing' the button in the correct time sequence

·
Founding Member 2006
108,293 Posts
thread has pdf and videos from mb so you should be able to :D

close your door btw

41 - 60 of 81 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.