Join us for our road trip to visit the natural splendor of Death Valley November 19-20, 2011.
Pick a place to meet up with the caravan to Death Valley:
San Diego Secondary Waypoint, Call Time 7:00 am Sharp
3675 Murphy Canyon Road, San Diego, CA 92123
At the southwest corner of I-15 and Aero Drive
Orange County Secondary Waypoint, Call Time 7:30 am, Depart 8:00 am
REI at Tustin Marketplace
2962 El Camino Real Tustin, CA 92782
This is a large parking lot, meet in the area closest to Jamboree. Easy right turns out of the lot to I-5 North. This is for our OC members.
We only have 1 member leaving from OC so there will probably be no one here. If you plan to meet up here, say so now.
Adelanto Primary Waypoint, Call Time 9:30 am, Depart ASAP
11500 Air Base Road, Adelanto, CA 92301
Turning off 395, there is a large parking lot on the right side past Adelanto City Hall. This is a large park parking lot, so it should be empty. If not, City Hall is next door with even more parking. This is a catch all for North LA / San Diego members since it is on our route out of the LA basin.
11/19 - 8:00AM
- Leave OC Waypoint with full tanks (Picture 1 Marker A)
11/19 - 12:30AM
- Lunch and fuel stop in Lone Pine (Picture 1 Marker B) or Olancha.
206 South Main Street, Lone Pine, CA
Ranch House Cafe
W Highway 395, Olancha, CA 93549
11/19 - Afternoon
- Enter Death Valley National Park, see Stovepipe Wells Sand dunes, the Ubehebe Crater (Picture 2 Marker B), and tour Scotty's Castle (Picture 2 Marker C)
11/19 - Late afternoon/Evening
- drive to Beatty to stay overnight (Picture 3 Marker B)
Death Valley Inn
651 South Highway 95, Beatty, NV
11/20 - 9:00 am
- Drive from Beatty back into the park, see Rhyolite Ghost Town (possibly), stop for gas in Furnace Creek if need be, see Zabriski Pt (Picture 4 Marker B), do Artists Drive, check out Badwater.
11/20 - Afternoon
- Have lunch at somewhere, depending on when everyone is hungry (suggest bringing snacks just in case). Some possibilities:
72112 Baker Boulevard, Baker, CA
Crowbar Cafe & Saloon
California 127, Shoshone, CA 92384
11/20 - Afternoon
- Hit the 15 at Baker (Picture 3 Marker C), gas up and drive home. We will have driven about 380 miles since Lone Pine. The AMGs might be thirsty.
Guarenteed to be a fun trip for all involved. Sign up in the thread below if you plan on coming.