Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and kids are suggesting I change my screen name to Der Stalker...due to my apparently unacceptable desire to be SLK-social - waving, light flashing, note leaving...

The neighbourhood now has five!
our Kismet - silver/red 06 350 AT - ex-USA :usa:
08 280 mars red/tan AT (he wanted an MT) - invited to join this morning
171 350 silver/red - I believe it's an 09
171 red/black with spoiler - invited to join this morning
171 pewter/black 08? also ex-USA. :usa:

Now, would it be over the top to ask city hall to rename the suburb from Chapel Hill to SLK Country? We do have a street called Countrywalk. :tu:

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have a red 230 in my neighborhood and have crossed it, driven by a lady while I was in mine, flashed but got no response. Now every time I go for a walk/run I see the car parked and keep looking at it and say to myself "Nice color". I get the stalker feeling of "What's that weirdo doing looking at the car like that!!"

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
How about "Der Begrüßer" ? (courtesy of Google Translate)

·
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eddy...that would mean I'm working at Walmart (The Greeter)

Paul...excellent!! Duly noted...

·
Registered
636 Posts
I just came back from SoCal last night and SLK's are everywhere. I must have noticed 3 or 4 a day. Plus it's great weather in Orange Co for an SLK. I went to one company and they had three in their lot. (one 170 and two 171's)

Enjoy,
Dave

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
They do tend to congregate. I couldn't find but one or two for sale in the city where I live, but there were quite a few available in Nashville & Atlanta.

No problem - 200 miles is not too far to drive to get an SLK.

I have also seen one in my neighborhood since buying mine, a black R171. I do tend to look for them, and definitely wave. I mean, they have to be smart, together type people, or they wouldn't be driving an SLK !

Reactions: Der Flieger

·
Registered
636 Posts
I see a few up on 58 and on 153 from time to time.
I'm up in Harrison.

Where are you in chatt?

Enjoy,
Dave

·
Registered
320 Posts
I usually see 3-4 everday on my commute through Toronto....They're pretty popular around here, especialy with the Asian crowd.

A couple not worthy citings though:
-A Yellow SLK320 with a black carbon fiber hood and black rims, yellow interior, and a big pikachu doll in the passenger seat!
-My SLK's exact twin.....
-This morning I was in traffic next to a gorgeous blonde in a black SLK350....I think it was an AMG sport, looked REALLY nice, and had white seats!

In my neighbourhood however, the only two are in my driveway....my `01 320 and my brothers `98 230....I used to see a bright red SLK230 around the area with "Mr. Boogie" on the license plate, but I haven't seen it in months now.

·
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A -A Yellow SLK320 with a black carbon fiber hood and black rims, yellow interior, and a big pikachu doll in the passenger seat!

B -This morning I was in traffic next to a gorgeous blonde in a black SLK350....I think it was an AMG sport, looked REALLY nice, and had white seats!

C - "Mr. Boogie" license plate.
A Eeeewwwww
B the car looked really nice or.....
C for good reason.

Lastest find in SLK Country, Ottawa, there's also a 170 (stimmt Berliner!) just around the corner from the red 171. An 01 with only 30k kms.

·
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Twice this week I've seen a red 171 (not firemist) - top up for no good reason I might add!. Vicinity of SLK Country - first time was exiting the 417 at St Laurent (perhaps headed for Olgilvie MB, which would be a shame as it has the worst service of any), second time by the new roundabout on Jeanne D'Arc. I suspect it's a new owner by the grin!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Went on a 250 mile run yesterday from Lichfield in Staffordshire to Boston in Lincolnshire. During the trip we ONLY saw 3 other SLKs: a black and a blue R171 and a lovely silver R170. The R170 was having a very nice drive along the A50. Maybe the UK SLRs were all hiding yesterday? :)

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
There are a lot of SLK's in my neighborhood. For some reason, nobody ever waves or otherwise shows recognition. I remember from the time I had an MGB everybody waved or gave other signals and by failing to respond people actually followed to force recognition :)

Are we MB-drivers less social?

-Hans

·
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gregg...I'm with you! I've been thinking of mailboxing the locals (ie putting a brief letter in their household mailbox) suggesting we got "topless" somewhere for a little get to know you. Catherine is already considering getting me counseling vis a vis waving and light flashing other SLKs...so I hesitate.
There's a little italian cafe nearby, the lot is not very busy in the evening, I think five or six SLK's cheek and jowl would bring him some business!

·
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thought I'd recycle this thread (I know Jeff, it's two years old!) for Ottawa sightings.

Sunday night, bit of drizzle, Cath and I were driving our friend Mrs Cayman home. On Albion Road, south of the raceway (standard bred/harness horse racing), a black 171.

Today, driving Cath to work, turning onto Wellington (our Pennsylvania Ave) at the Chateau Laurier (https://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&ll=45.424625,-75.694896&spn=0.017409,0.038581&t=m&z=15&layer=c&cbll=45.424625,-75.694896&panoid=RLryKwpMamlPYujbq5HMjw&cbp=12,0,,0,-22.5) a new 172/250 in a very nice steel blue driven by a blond lady pulled alongside.

I switched to the international language of charades. I looked up, raising my hands mamma mia style (as everyone knows, this means, Why isn't your roof down like ours?!). She responded by flipping her mane (I can't because of my hair!). I showed her a driving cap (Wear a hat). Head shake. Cath leans forward and swoops on one of her Grace Kelly scarves (Do it with style gf!). Big smile and laugh (I will!). Ok, that might be extrapolating... Bloody light changed before I could proffer a card (sorry MK, my bad).

After drop off, saw my neighbour (CA) in his facelift heading to work...

·
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This morning at 830AM, heading east on Slater at Bay street in Ottawa, a post facelift, white 171/300.

·
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Back downtown via the Rockcliffe Parkway (very scenic), saw a top down magma red 170 heading east (east of the Aviation Museum) driven by a fellow, then by the RCMP Musical Ride/Academy a dark blue (or black) 172 from PQ driven by a lady (I believe she used to have a 171); it was followed by an original E type Jag, top down and an original Mini Cooper (for sale!).

After dropping off Cath, errands took me up/south Bank Street - chocolate brown 107 (SL 450, circa 1980) top down. And then...we were just now returning from dinner and spotted a white 172 heading north on Jeanne d'Arc towards the 174 Highway.

All in all a great day for spotting - and laying sod!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.