Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Hong Kong, most of the SLK that I've seen are either in (iridium) silver or black, with silver as the majority. Does the same happen in your country?

My CLK is in tellurium silver, whereas my SLK is in cubanite silver! :D

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
While Iridium silver is a majority at where I live. I do see black, red, blue, pewter or cubanit silber, and white R171's. I've also seen several yellow R170 and copper R170.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
yep black or silver here too.
i considered a firestrom red 280, but changed my mind as black is nicer imo.

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Hmm thats a tough question, I see alot of Diamon Silver SLK's, White SLK's, Mars Red, Obsidian Black and some Iridium Silver.

I settled for Designo Mocha Black.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Designo... about how much for this option?

I am not sure whether Designo is offered in HK... maybe I'll check with the sales guy during my next purchase!

·
Registered
154 Posts
In France most of SLK's are silver or black that's the reason I took a benitoite blue which is a colour changing from black to turquoise green depending on the sun illumination :D
Very nice, but each time I have bought a colour other than black, I have regretted it....

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu: Give me a SLK in every color and I'd be happy. Given one choice and I'd say Iridium Silver. I enjoy seeing other SLKs (R170 and R171) in a variety of colors. Not a bad choice in the spectrum.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Mine is iridium silver, I am not sure what color the next one is going to be.. currently waiting for news of the new SLK edition to be released hopefully soon.. some new colors may become available

P

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Red is great, blue is nice, silver pretty - the most important point is that all colors look like black. I prefer black because when I was young I saw Konrad Adenauer in a black 300E Landaulet.

The most SLK in Germany are silver

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Most here are black or silver, with the edge going to black. With our 120 degree summers, it's surprising how many black SLK's are on the road.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Designo... about how much for this option?
About $8,000.00

If you're considering spending the money on a designo, order a color that isn't very common. As far as I know, you can get a color other than the two "boxed" colors. No offense to those of you with the factory designo colors.

Of course...I'm biased. And one day I'm fairly certain I'll have the only copper AMG 55. :tu:

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Most here are silver of some sort with a few black. That's what made me go for Jasper Blue. I haven't seen another this colour yet
That's a very nice color microbe! :tu:

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
very nice microbe. your cra looks well in those pics, very clean!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.