Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have these Euro 63rs in possession and was wondering if you guys like the look of them. I have a black slk 350, that i just tinted to 28% with amg tail light look. and took my old wheels off today and painted the existing calipers red. I really like these wheels they are monarch euro 63rs and were basically the wheels I really liked in my price range. They also have them in matte black but i feel like there real stunning with a black car if they were gloss black because i don think they are way too shiny. Give me your opinions, I am going out with the black on black regardless of the rim, I know some people dont like the look but I think its very nice with the chrome lip.

Suggestions? anyone have pics with these rims on another SLK?

ill also attach a picture of them in matte

Attachments

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
It will match the black SLK 350. Do post some pix when they're mounted on the R171.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if the offset is advertised at 30mm front and 35 mm back and they are 19 8.5 and 19 9.5 will i need spacers? I am trying to find rims that will fit without the spacers!

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
I'm not a fan of the chrome rim on any wheels. They do look like nice wheels though, so if you like them on your black car (with red calipers), cool beans... :)

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
if the offset is advertised at 30mm front and 35 mm back and they are 19 8.5 and 19 9.5 will i need spacers? I am trying to find rims that will fit without the spacers!
A 8.5” front wheel with an offset of 30mm will just fit under the fender; the dish and hub design determents if it fits over the brakes. You be better of with 33 to 35mm
A 9.5” rear wheel will stick out with an offset of only 35mm, to stay within the fender you need about 38-40mm.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
My honest opinion is that I've never seen an aftermarket wheel that looks as good as genuine Mercedes wheels. Or genuine BMW wheels for that matter. They all give the impression the owner is trying too hard to impress. They never ever give the impression the owner has improved his car's performance.

·
Registered 2007 SLK200
820 Posts
They never ever give the impression the owner has improved his car's performance.
For me personally I changed my rims not to make it look like the car's performance has been improved I just reckon the SLK's stock rims are boring and not to mention they dont come in darker shades!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
anyone else with an opinion or know anyone with euro 63rs on their slk. I kinda want to call someone and ask them more questions about the wheel. I was told bc I have the amg package i will need 3mm spacers in front and none in the back running 235/35/19 and 265/30/19 in the back

·
Registered
940 Posts
All a matter of personal taste. If you think it enhances the look of your car then who cares what other people think? Personally I think they look good, and as Etyu said, please post some pics once they're mounted on your r171.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
For me personally I changed my rims not to make it look like the car's performance has been improved I just reckon the SLK's stock rims are boring and not to mention they dont come in darker shades!
x2, so I don't look like every other SLK out there, Every car that I've purchased I've changed the wheels, rarely do I ever see a stock wheel that I like example on high end cars like the R8, lambo, etc.

Black wheels likes nice on black cars, give it an aggressive look but needs lips, all black wheels looks like spares to me.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys I agree totally that the 5 spoke amg wheels are really nice but this is my first sports car and i want to go with a very aggressive look. Im gonna hang onto my AMG wheels just in case I fall out of love with the rims. But I want to get the chrome lip so it looks like a fine wheel and not just a replacement wheels. Thanks alot guys

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
does anyone in the forums have 30mm on the front and 35mm on the back of their cars? or have they ever used this before? results?

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
does anyone in the forums have 30mm on the front and 35mm on the back of their cars? or have they ever used this before? results?
If you have to use spacers the wheel was not designed for your car.
Also the 3mm spacer will reduce your offset; a wheel with 30mm offset becomes a wheel with 27mm offset and will move further out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.