Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok looks like those modern car remote keys are not the way to go as ive mentioned before !

Thiefs are targetting cars at Motorways service staions by blocking the signal when people lock there cars ......
So when you return all your precious stuff in your car have been stolen or worse the car .

So the lucky owners with key blades should manualy lock there cars when left at these places .

Good old tech who needs it . :nerd:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,173 Posts

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,173 Posts
I never worry

I have Trunk Monkey

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
517 Posts
Ok but people still dont get it if they pick up your lock signal they can still unlock the car from afar !

Even though you may watch your car lock .
They still can unlock it .

Use your car key blade if you have one .
Sounds to me like they're just jamming the signals with a broadband jammer, which prevents your remote key from locking the car, not intercepting and decoding the signals it sends out. If I'm correct, then once the car is locked, either with the remote or a regular metal key, they can't unlock it. Of course, if a jammer is being used, you won't be able to remotely unlock your car either.

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds to me like they're just jamming the signals with a broadband jammer, which prevents your remote key from locking the car, not intercepting and decoding the signals it sends out. If I'm correct, then once the car is locked, either with the remote or a regular metal key, they can't unlock it. Of course, if a jammer is being used, you won't be able to remotely unlock your car either.
There using just the basic device to jam signals
The really clever people can intercept your key fob signal and reverse it .
But there the professional thieves for high class cars etc .

That want your car .

Your better of buying a old school key blade to lock your car sadly
And they target builders new vans working on peoples homes waiting to pounce as soon as they see them mislay there car keys .

·
Registered No SLK anymore
255 Posts
It doesn't appear that intercepting and cloning remote fob signals is practical these days with the security built into them. And, it doesn't matter if you lock your car with a key instead of the fob, if you have the fob with you or in your home within range of one of these relay devices.

Mystery Device

1 - 10 of 10 Posts