Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered-sold my '55
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:crying:
A few weeks ago I bought a 172 55 AMG, having said farewell to my beloved R171 350..at the time of purchase I wanted 3M on the front end and some on the hood but they were unable to do it so I waited a week. During that week I got whacked by a stone and it gouged the plastic header on the front end so I had to have it repaired and painted. Having been told to wait a couple of weeks before applying the 3M I noticed that the paint on the repair appeared dull. I called the paint guy and he told me to bring down and he would buff it up. When he looked at it he decided he didn't like the repair and at no charge re-painted it..a better finish than the first go around. So having waited a further 2 weeks I made arrangements for today to have the 3M finally applied. Well whack me round the head sideways, don't I go and get another stone chip on Sunday not six inches from the first damage..but not so bad. I managed to buff most of it out as I wasn't going to pay again to get it fixed.

I get to the dealership tonight to pick the car up and he tells me the the guy putting it got rear ended..my heart dropped....I was stunned....but beyond the pause the Manager said 'yeah his car is really bad...he wasn't driving yours'...TFFT!! So the guy with aching limbs from the crash arrived around 5pm tonight and set to work. I decided to wait rather than fight rush hour traffic...1 hour later...I get summoned...the paint that was applied had all peeled off:crying: I was taken down into the inner sanctum and shown the mess..I was dumbstruck. Pointless ranting and raving at this point...so I calmly asked to get the thing fixed; the installer I think was expecting a full blast and he was very thankful that I didn't..TBH I felt sorry for him, he clearly had a worse day than me.

At least the dealer said he would pick up the cost of the repair, paint etc. The entire front end has to come off and taken to a MB body repair shop and will be about a week..and all this for a 'stone chip'.:surprise:.....I am now just waiting for a plane to crash land on the car later this week! I will place some pics when finally done with the tinted widows also..if the car survives that long

·
Registered Still SLK-less. Maybe one day ...
585 Posts
Hopefully that will be your share of bad luck with your new toy and you will be able to enjoy the car.

·
Registered-sold my '55
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hopefully that will be your share of bad luck with your new toy and you will be able to enjoy the car.

Not counting my chickens to early:frown: with the state of the roads in this Province especially around Toronto and with the amount of construction going on right now....never fear, there is a dump truck around every corner or every km on the highway. And together with cyclists and pedestrians taking over the right to every piece of tarmac out there thanks to City Council, the chances of avoiding any damage is zero..:crying:

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
That is bad luck, perhaps the positive out of this is that the MB repair should be better and hopefully they will do the second chip too. :smile:

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
16,122 Posts
Wow I had a good Laugh reading this. Chelzee if you do not want to end up with a triple bypass in the future just order the Patina Edition the next time and you have trouble free motoring.:wink:

Reactions: CHELZEE
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.