Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2013 SLK55 with only 22k miles. Replacing a 1988 560SL that is a charming car but I just needed something faster and more modern. My daily driver is a 2019 GLC63. Queueing up the following mods:

* Eurocharged tune.
* New 18" gloss black wheels (stock 18s are chewed up).
* A wrap maybe? I'd like a wrap with a crazy color but it would conflict with the red leather I fear. Might just stick with the white... the paint is in superb shape and does look sharp. Not sure a $4k wrap is the best use of my money. (But then again this entire car was not the best use of my money in practical terms!)
* Make the exhaust louder -- going to replace the resonator with straights.

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
14,436 Posts
Hi, welcome from Barrhead, Scotland. :smile:

One of our mods will be along shortly to "officially" welcome you but in the mean time here are some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.

If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.

Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.

New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,909 Posts

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
12,442 Posts
Welcome from Canada :smile:

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK350
18,115 Posts
Welcome from Portland, Oregon. Enjoy the forum and the top down driving.

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
11,467 Posts
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

·
Super Moderator 06 SLK 280
10,501 Posts

Welcome to SLKWorld.com from Northern
California

:burnout::Beer:

List of Useful SLK Links >https://slk-links.neocities.org/Links.html

PARTS Information on Mercedes SLK R170 R171 R172 >https://slk-links.neocities.org/

http://www.slkworld.com/vehicle-data-card/67706-free-how-get-free-datacard.html
<---------------------

We have a free to enter monthly competition.
Entry is open from the 1st to the 15th of every month. You simply post a reply with 3 photos.
After the 15th we usually open a poll for members to vote on their favorite.
Here's the main thread:
<---------------------

ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes
Benz SLK Forum

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,230 Posts
Hi and welcome from Lakeland, Florida!

Love the color combo...please don't wrap it!

·
11,467 Posts
@stereolab42 you should join us for a drive. We’ll be in San Ramon & Oakland next month. Check out the California section events. Thank you

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@stereolab42 you should join us for a drive. We’ll be in San Ramon & Oakland next month. Check out the California section events. Thank you
Wow that's awesome... I actually bought this car in San Ramon and drove it down yesterday. I love the back roads in the East Bay, just discovered them last month after I decided to venture out of my familiarity zone in the South Bay. I'll definitely sign up. (I'm also a member of the local MBCA chapter, they are doing a drive on July 7 in the East Bay as well: https://sfba.mbca.org/first-sunday-drives).

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got new wheels to replace the hopelessly curbed originals and got a full detail:

Remaining items:

* Dealership visit on Monday to duplicate key, fix mbrace, and do a general checkup.
* Eurocharged tune next week using MyGenius handheld.
* Replace resonator with stainless straight-pipe section from CKS Performance (on order from UK).
* Install exhaust flap controller from CHROMETEC (on order from DE).
* Install SmartTop controller (shipped from mods4cars).
* Replace chrome with black lettering (on order from China).

BTW did Matthias Wish build all M152 engines? :)

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Also going to price out partial clear bra installs. Paint is pristine on this car (aside from two small dents on the trunk I'm having PDM'd out in a week). As I'm going to put a lot of miles on this car, especially on mountain roads, I really want to protect the front. Asked for a couple quotes...

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
List of things done so far:

• New wheels
  • Full detail
  • Lube seals and hinges per the sticky thread
  • Install SmartTOP controller
  • Install CHROME-TEC exhaust flap controller
  • Get mbrace partially working
  • Black out trunk star
List of things to-do:

• Install X-pipe from CKS Performance
  • Get Eurocharged tune
  • Remove a couple small dents on trunk lid
  • Repaint bumper to fix some sloppily-repaired curbing
  • Put paint-protection film on the front
  • Get mbrace fully working
  • Black out all lettering
  • Buy spare key
Car sounds so much better at low speeds with the flaps forced open! Not that much louder, just much better. Boggles the mind why they wasted money putting the flap system in the car. Now hopefully the X-pipe in place of the resonator will open it up more at higher acceleration.

The SmartTOP was a huge PITA to install but makes the car so much more convenient. An absolute must-have.

·
11,467 Posts
@stereolab42 are you going to join us for the drive? Let me know?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts