Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered 2003 SLK320
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 SLK320 that according to my datacard has Xenon headlights:

612 HEADLAMP-XENON R>H> TRAFFIC

I would like to update the look of the car with a new set of headlights, and there are several options that are NOT compatable (read - plug and play). I want to be able to simply swap them out and not modify harnesess, wiring, etc. All of the mods I make I want to be able to reverse if I need to one day.

Does anyone know of a direct upgrade to the stock headlights on my car?

I think I have read all the posts I can find and have become more confused.:surprise:

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK320
1,032 Posts
I think Jae?s post describes changing xenon lights.
It might be that there is no plug n play solution . There are many many threads on 170 headlights. It must be covered in there.
Surely there is the risk that the replacement headlight do not perform nearly as well as what you have got.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Spyder halo lights are nice. I installed them on mine after reading a few post on here. Definitely makes the car look younger. I ordered them for about $240 if I remember correctly. They arent a direct plug an play but wiring is simple.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,480 Posts
Spyder halo lights are nice. I installed them on mine after reading a few post on here. Definitely makes the car look younger. I ordered them for about $240 if I remember correctly. They arent a direct plug an play but wiring is simple.
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Florida!

Join the gang! Your 1st thread should be your introduction so we can welcome you properly so post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already. New Members Introduce Yourself Here - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable or to ‘edit’, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM/edit. You can always pm a moderator.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
FREE!! Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location and post an introduction first.
http://www.slkworld.com/vehicle-data-card/67706-free-how-get-free-datacard.html

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
I also have the spyder halos (further modified to brighten the halos). But, they came with an adapter so as to make them plug and play.

·
Registered 2003 SLK320
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where did you get them?
I want to make sure I buy the right ones, all the ones I see say that the are not compatible with the Xenon equipped systems

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Where did you get them?
I want to make sure I buy the right ones, all the ones I see say that the are not compatible with the Xenon equipped systems
I bought them off eBay. But, I should be more clear, I don't have Xenon bulbs. That's probably why they were plug and play for me. The first set I also bought off eBay, and those came with HIDs. However, those too came with an adapter to fit the OE plug.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.