Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'Deal or No Deal' contestant who blew chance at $333,000

On the Deal or No Deal holiday special, a contestant let a small fortune slip through his hands. Luis Green, a sales consultant from Jacksonville, Fla., made it clear throughout the game that he came to play. He turned down multiple six-figure offers from the banker, including one for $240,000, and his plan worked as he found himself in the end with only two cases: One case was worth $750,000, the other only $5. So with a 50-50 chance of the case Luis had chosen being either three-quarters of a million dollars or enough to cover the price of a coffee, the banker offered him $333,000. Luis’s mom, brother and the entire crowd urged him to take it. His wife, on the other hand, wanted him to push his luck, and that’s exactly what Luis did.

Luis had mentioned counter-offering, and Howie Mandel asked, “What are you countering at?” “This is my counter,” Luis said. He then slammed the box shut and shouted, “No deal!”

Everyone was shocked except Luis’s wife, who told him, “You got this, baby, it’s OK.” But it was not OK. Howie opened the case Luis had picked to reveal he would be taking home a fiver.

As for Howie, he tried to provide some consolation saying, “Luis Green and his amazing family are leaving with $5 dollars, but a priceless memory.”

A priceless memory, sure, but that’s still not $333,000.

Show is on tomorrow, Weds Dec 5th

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
How does anyone risk a guaranteed $333,000 for a 50-50 luck at $750,000? I mean, 9-out-of-10 times, smart money says take the guarantee and RUN.... Luis was that stupid, and he will forever rue the day he listened to his wife and went for stupid instead of smart... sheesh...

·
Super Moderator
24,283 Posts
The only circumstances to make that decision is if you are financially secure,
but want to change your life.

He may not be as stupid as first seems.

ME? I'd take the deal.
A certain $333,000 is worth more than a 50:50 all or mothing gamble.

·
Registered
398 Posts
How does anyone risk a guaranteed $333,000 for a 50-50 luck at $750,000? I mean, 9-out-of-10 times, smart money says take the guarantee and RUN.... Luis was that stupid, and he will forever rue the day he listened to his wife and went for stupid instead of smart... sheesh...
No, he was extremely sensible. Now, for ever more when his wife suggests something he just has to say 'remember when I took your advice and lost all that money' - suggestion withdrawn. :laugh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts