Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else got a white slk that gets little yellow spots on it I think it may be pollen dots .....not sure though, there driving me crackers so hard to get off
Anyone know of a good remover solution F)

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,759 Posts
just use water or speedshine or any detailer. I got them here also. had 2 just 2 days ago

·
92,759 Posts
pollen/sap from trees, etc. usually after a heavy rain and u drive under the tree

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used meguiars wash anywhere ...but took ages to remove them......maybe I'll try the detailer see if that works better :D

·
92,759 Posts
spray so there is a lot of liquid on it, wait a few seconds and off it comes. detailers have more 'lubrication' in them so that might help

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
spray so there is a lot of liquid on it, wait a few seconds and off it comes. detailers have more 'lubrication' in them so that might help
Ok thanks Jeff ...I'll try that.....every time I go out and look there is a few more
But there is a lot of trees where I live ..........I'll have to go chop em down :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

·
92,759 Posts
do they look like this?

·
92,759 Posts
well they will come in all sizes best on the size of the tree and the pollen count!

·
92,759 Posts

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
While pollen is what I'd also first say it could be... On a previous white car I owned, it developed small yellowish dots over time -- even not in pollen season. I never knew what it was but used clay to get rid of most of the problem, or at least keep it at bay. Your picture looks EXACTLY like what I had.

More recently, I've read in multiple detailing forums that these sort of yellow spots that don't go away with a wash are actually a form of rust. It is the same sort of thing sometimes referred to as "rail dust" and often seen on new vehicles. The spots are actually fine pieces of metal that have become attached to the clearcoat and are beginning to rust -- the problem can exist on all colors but is most visible on white cars. A relatively easy resolution is to use CarPro Iron X Iron Remover. It can be sprayed on your finish after a wash, let it dwell for 5 minutes, then hose off really, really well -- important to wear gloves and not spray directly on things like calipers, but not dangerous... It smells bad, but you'll see it working when it turns a purple color. I use it as part of my one-time new car detailing process, but will be on the lookout as I do weekly washes on my new Diamond White Metallic SLK250 when it arrives (it's scheduled to be born next week!) There are various YouTube videos and such on IronX if you're interested.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
While pollen is what I'd also first say it could be... On a previous white car I owned, it developed small yellowish dots over time -- even not in pollen season. I never knew what it was but used clay to get rid of most of the problem, or at least keep it at bay. Your picture looks EXACTLY like what I had.

More recently, I've read in multiple detailing forums that these sort of yellow spots that don't go away with a wash are actually a form of rust. It is the same sort of thing sometimes referred to as "rail dust" and often seen on new vehicles. The spots are actually fine pieces of metal that have become attached to the clearcoat and are beginning to rust -- the problem can exist on all colors but is most visible on white cars. A relatively easy resolution is to use CarPro Iron X Iron Remover. It can be sprayed on your finish after a wash, let it dwell for 5 minutes, then hose off really, really well -- important to wear gloves and not spray directly on things like calipers, but not dangerous... It smells bad, but you'll see it working when it turns a purple color. I use it as part of my one-time new car detailing process, but will be on the lookout as I do weekly washes on my new Diamond White Metallic SLK250 when it arrives (it's scheduled to be born next week!) There are various YouTube videos and such on IronX if you're interested.

Ok thanks for the info I'll check it out :D

·
92,759 Posts
I did not want to suggest rust but that came up in searches also

·
92,759 Posts
That is why I ruled rust out

1 - 20 of 24 Posts