Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahoy there, mateys!

Me SLK be finally on its merry way aboard the Freedom! She passed the fine Southwest coast of England 12 hours ago and is out in open waters now (according to aisLive.com tracking). Next stop New York, then Baltimore on the 19th. Pray for calm seas and no pirates, aye

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,053 Posts
congrats and good luck!

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Shiver me timbers !

I think I need to stop that Boat, Alroumi is in need of a 2nd SLK:biglaugh:

J/K, I hope you get it and enjoy it in the bestest of health.:)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shiver me timbers !

I think I need to stop that Boat, Alroumi is in need of a 2nd SLK:biglaugh:

Don't be layin' a hand on me plunder, you skallywag! (Besides, you might want to go for something more juicy like an SLR or two) ;)

Thanks guys for the kind words. This forum has helped make the waiting a little easier :)

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Refresh my memory Zinga...did you take the Euro delivery? I only ask 'cause you have pics of the actual vessel.

BTW...congrats! The time will pass. At least you're not on the west coast and forced to ship through the Panama Canal. I got that treatment coming over here. :mad:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I feel the bacitement growin. Focus, breathe deep, steady. Ah heck, scream and shout, its a boy and give out cigars, unless its a gurl, then start doin research on ways to protect her from boys, wait its a car right, disregard the last. It will get here soon enough. Have adrink and wait. Best wishes for a safe delivery. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :tu:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Zinga, you'll be getting it on 4/19? I'll be getting mine on 4/21!:Beer:
hi watsons, I'll probably be getting the car the same day as you if not later. After the ship docks and is unloaded, the car goes to the Vehicle Processing Center, then is transported to the dealer. It will take a couple of days if all goes well. Get ready for a celebration! :Beer:

Refresh my memory Zinga...did you take the Euro delivery? I only ask 'cause you have pics of the actual vessel.
hey DesignoSLK, I didn't do Euro delivery - just placed a regular order. I was tracking the car using the VIN number on the shippers website (for those who don't know, MB usually uses Wallenius Wilhelmsen to ship their cars). Once the car was assigned to a ship, I went hunting for photos of the ship. Apparently ship-spotting is a big hobby; I found a cool website where folks post photos of ships they've sighted (shipspotting.com). There were over 600 photos of different ships called Freedom, so I went through them looking for the right one - call me obsessive excited :) . This was the only car transporter called Freedom. It has a capacity of around 5500 cars :eek:

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
...call me obsessive excited :) .
:biglaugh: ... I'd call it too much time on your hands. That will be over soon enough once the car gets there! You'll have to find the automatic "Out Of Forum" reply...lol.

·
10,723 Posts
Don't be layin' a hand on me plunder, you skallywag! (Besides, you might want to go for something more juicy like an SLR or two) ;)

Thanks guys for the kind words. This forum has helped make the waiting a little easier :)

No problem just messing with ya! Polly Wanna Cracker ?:biglaugh:

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu: Hey Zinga, thanks for the shipping info. Interesting how our vehicles get to us. Good luck with the SLK. Couldn't ask for a better time of the year to get it. ENJOY!

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Your SLK will be in your garage soon, I'm excited for you. keep us posted.

·
10,723 Posts
Speaking of Polly, here's a photo of my Polly. She's a 6 year old cockatiel and her real name is Pooky. I sometimes call her Poopy 'cause she poops so much :biglaugh:
I have a 4year old Bird, She used to be very quiet until I put Tabasco on her food now she just doesnt shutup.

When the Phone Rings she just shouts "Alooooooo" "Hey" etc.

Last year I changed her location next to the Living room and she is besides the T.V she just imitates and copies what she hears on T.V like Nypd blue she copies the Police Car sirens . "WaWooooooooo":(

funny at first but annoying from day to day.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:confused: Just thinking, 5500 car capacity. Anyone with an interior shot? When the dealer charges for title, tags, and "shipping", they're not kidding.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:confused: Just thinking, 5500 car capacity. Anyone with an interior shot? When the dealer charges for title, tags, and "shipping", they're not kidding.

Here's a link to a video I found showing how they load the cars and tie them down to the deck floors. It must be quite a logistical challenge to arrange the cars depending on which destination port they are to be unloaded at.

Here are some interior pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have a 4year old Bird, She used to be very quiet until I put Tabasco on her food now she just doesnt shutup.

When the Phone Rings she just shouts "Alooooooo" "Hey" etc.

Last year I changed her location next to the Living room and she is besides the T.V she just imitates and copies what she hears on T.V like Nypd blue she copies the Police Car sirens . "WaWooooooooo":(

funny at first but annoying from day to day.

Alroumi, I'm going to start a new Off-topic thread to learn about this whole Tabasco situation :)
I'll post some photos of my other pets - I have 2 cats, 1 bunny, and the bird, all girls..

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.