Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are there so many Yahoo! Slurp Spiders crawling the forum? :confused:

Do they slow the server down?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
slur spiders? How would you know they are on?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
So its someone viewing our site thro yahoo? Not really a big deal is it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wasn't sure what they were so I googled it. I think they are automated programs (robots) browsing through the forum and indexing it so that people doing a search through the Yahoo! search engine would find relevant links to this site. Other search engines do the same thing. Here is a link to some more info:

http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/ysearch/slurp/

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
o well, then its kind of a good thing then!?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
i was gunna say its only posting more links and having more people come and look and possibly join the site

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
I work very hard to get the spiders to visit the site (over an hour every day) I submit site maps to Google and Yahoo every morning
and Pay for a subscription to vbseo.com (link can be found at the bottom of the page)

This is for the last 7 days
Huh! Very cool! I always wondered how you could do a google search and find a link to forum threads...now I know. I feel so much smarter. :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I work very hard to get the spiders to visit the site (over an hour every day) I submit site maps to Google and Yahoo every morning
and Pay for a subscription to vbseo.com (link can be found at the bottom of the page)

This is for the last 7 days
Ohh ok. That explains things. I was concerned that they were uninvited spiders, creating excessive traffic on the server since there were so many of them on here yesterday.

Thanks for the explanation, Bill Y)

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Ah ha i have also wondered what these 'spiders' were. everytime i check who online there is a few spiders there. google and yahoo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.