Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I've decided to get a X-pipe for my 55. Just wanted to get some advice on where I could get this done in Southern California. Any recommendations? I don't know too many shops that specialize in tuning Mercedes around here but I know they exist. How long does it take to install, how much would the whole thing cost, and where would the best place to get this done be? Socal members please chime in.........

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi,

I had a local custom exhaust shop install mine a week ago. I am telling you: it totally ROCKS! It's a deep, beefy sound, and it sure does seem to scoot thru the lower gears faster! And when you kick it down to pass...yummmm-o!!!

<devilish grin>

·
Premium Member
10,721 Posts
Hi,

I had a local custom exhaust shop install mine a week ago. I am telling you: it totally ROCKS! It's a deep, beefy sound, and it sure does seem to scoot thru the lower gears faster! And when you kick it down to pass...yummmm-o!!!

<devilish grin>
Wait till you install headers and then you will have more popping and backfire sounds when you downshift or release throttle.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I put in the carlsson "silencer" which isn't the deep tone I believe you are after. Check with hairypet55. He is in the southbay area of Los Angeles County. He had a Magnaflow (I believe) X pipe installed and it sounds mean.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts