Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, anyone recommend any company that can fit an x-pipe in the north west, preferably warrington/chester way?

also anyone recommend a custom or magnaflow/supersprint x pipe?

Thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
ross fellows 07971 588640 did mine and builds to your spec secondary cats and resonator box removed and x pipe at front of system were sec cats were then straight pipes back to rear boxes, hes based at chester can build system and fit

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
14,236 Posts
ross fellows 07971 588640 did mine and builds to your spec secondary cats and resonator box removed and x pipe at front of system were sec cats were then straight pipes back to rear boxes, hes based at chester can build system and fit
Having followed jacko55 on a run in Wales, I can vouch for the glorious growl that emits from this set up!! :D:D:D

·
Registered
46 Posts

How much are we looking at for this? I'm afraid I need it sorting.

Jacko55. Can I come ovr and listen to it? Think that'd seal the deal.

·
Registered
117 Posts
full job including manufacture and fitting would be a maximum of 350 think he as still got the details of mine ring him to check and yes can meet up so you can have a listen most people just change out the resonator box and replace it with a X pipe still a great sound

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,722 Posts
Hi all
I went with the magnaflow & kept the fours cats in place ,about 2years ago , sweet sound but toooo much , passed 2MOTs so far no problems one at the dealership .

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not that I'm going to do this, but what happens if you don't put an 'X' in and just put a straight pipe each side eliminating second cat and res box?

I'm sure AMG and MB know what they are doing, Its just a question I need answering.

·
Registered
804 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
So reading that I would expect the position of the 'X' to be critical, yet people have moved it up flow while modding. Or is it OK as long as both pipes before are the same length.

I have no idea why I need to know this, thanks for accommodating my curiosity.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts