Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered '07 SLK55
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had an x-pipe in place of the stock resonator for a few months now but always felt like the car could use a bit more. It was very mild compared to stock. Last week, I went back in to remove the secondary cats.

The car is louder, yes, but when driven normally, the increase in noise is hardly noticeable. Get a bit spirited on the throttle and the car is definitely louder. Some people may think it's too loud, but I like it. WOT sounds great! The initial start up growl is loud enough to make people jump. Cold starts are quite loud, but that only lasts for the first 15 or so seconds of the day.

The video doesn't quite do it justice, but this is just an idea of what an xpipe and secondary cat delete sounds like.

Reactions: Dave54

·
Registered '07 SLK55
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Saw replies in the thread, so I came in to read them. Watched the video again, now I want to go for a drive!

The sound is addicting and I can't get enough! I get compliments all the time from people. At my last autocross event, everyone was coming up asking questions about the car because of the sound it made while on the course. "Your car sounds way too cool!" coming from a highly modded Camaro SS driver.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yes, it is amazing the sound is with just that little mod. The wife loves it which means more stuff to come. Oh Yea!!!!:burnout:

·
Registered '07 SLK55
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, it is amazing the sound is with just that little mod. The wife loves it which means more stuff to come. Oh Yea!!!!:burnout:
I have friends who spent several thousands of dollars each on name brand exhaust systems for their BMWs. I spent 300$ and get the same effect.

·
Registered '07 SLK55
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Thanks for sharing.... Easy in Fast out (might need higher tire pressure)???

·
Registered '07 SLK55
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Funny you say that, I previously set front and rear pressures to 34 psi at the last event. This time, I ran 36 in front and 40 in the back. It definitely felt better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.