Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello--

Am a long-time Benz owner who's wife has purchased a 350SLK, over a year ago (August 2009). Her new car is an early 2005, with factory AMG optiions.

New addition is Black (040) over Black leather (871). Options are many and include Parameter Steering (213), Electric front seats, lowered (275), Auto mirrors (249), Rain sensors ( 345), Sport chassis (486), Calif. version ((494), Anti-theft (531), Auto climate control (581), Headlamp washers ( 600), Bi-zenon, AMG styling ( 772), Bose with Control (810), and now about 55,000 miles.

Other Benz is a 107 chassis, 1986 560SL, as original with many, many (fond) miles. Wife could not manage the hard top on/off, nor the soft top up/down, so hence, the SLK showed up.

Her choice was good (low price), it came with the usual problems-- damage to the front bumper (fixed by her hubby), bent rims, (also repaired by husband), bad tires, but no major problems so far. It appears this car was a factory buy-back, as it seems the complete engine was replaced by Daimler/Chrysler, along with many repairs (or perhaps a new) 7G transmission.

The SLK is a computerized go-cart, but a good daily driver. Will NEVER be modified by either of us, nor has the 560SL ever been altered from the original.

The SLK World site is a good assist, but I've gotten the M-B Star Service CD, and have downladed many M-B Service items elsewhere. Everything helps! My local M-B dealer is a good spot for parts, but the little girls in Service do not really know enough to be of much value.

My background is aviation engineering, flight and operations, to include an A&P license from the FAA (BS, and a financial MBA), hence, I tend to take good care of cars, but never try to change them.

It is good to have this web site open, and I'll enjoy reading threads from all of you.

BCB, aka Wylie Fox.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome from southern California.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm from Florida too! What part? Welcome! :)

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,481 Posts
bcb,

Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model and year.
Usercp at the top of page, edit your details, location/vehicle.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members listed to obtain your needed posts.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, perhaps something that saved you time or money, please consider becoming a donating member or make a one-time donation to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! At the top of the page, click ‘Donate now’. Thanks!

·
Registered
512 Posts
welcome from washington DC!

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts