Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I am newly in the market for an SLK 55 AMG. I am based in the UK. I have seen one for sale here:

http://www.edwardscarcompany.co.uk/used-cars/mercedes-benz-slk-slk-55-2dr-tip-auto-corsham-201252496915248

It has most options, bar digital climate and tyre pressure sensors and the mileage seems average for the year. Does anyone have any thoughts on the car/price/anything to look out for etc? I know front discs cost a bomb (£500!), so that would be one of the things on my check list! Any thoughts greatly welcomed.

Thank you.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,133 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response and only once. Be patient and a knowledgeable member will address your question.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) - capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: http://www.slkworld.com/rotm-submissions-voting/

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
I've now owned my 2007 for one week. Love it so far. The obvious history check for accidents etc. Air Scarf option is good in North Carolina in the US - I would think it would be great in the UK. My roof creaks but based on what I read in the discussion groups it sounds like most roofs make noise when closed on the SLK. SLK 55 Tires are expensive and not the same size front to back - check tread on the BACK tires. It's an amazing car. Let us know what you find.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,722 Posts
Hi Silver

I followed the link but no 55 on sale , Have you missed the boat ?? I've had our 55 for about two & a half years now & still love driving it & done about 22k miles so far with no problems . Good luck with the search & take your time

Cheers

Andy

p.s. Yes to history check on damage /service , could get checked at a main dealer before buying & If you can get new brakes Pads/Discs alround & Plugs before you sign that could save you a bill or two .

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Andy/John - thanks - yes you are right.

Diding my time is key. I want to buy one asap and keep it for a very loooong time, so having all the options:
air scarf
h/kardon upgrade
xenons
nav
parking sensors

the only other options on these is the type monitoring and digital climate - not really fussed about that.

service history - plus low mileage is essential, and it must be black and have multi spoke alloys! best colour on these in my humble opinion :)

Most have all options so its just about waiting for the advert to pop up :)

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
I couldnt wait...bought one from a dealer in another state and had it shipped...its worth the cost of entry IMHO!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts