Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While checking fluids on my 06 SLK 280 I noticed my engine fuse box cover is missing a hold down clip on one side. Anybody have a spare or know where I can find one? Thanks GC

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,588 Posts
do you see it here?

if not, probably not sold separately

post your vin if you want your datacard :D

Attachments

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,588 Posts
Didn't i say that? :D :D :D I was softening the blow he would have to buy a new one

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol yep it's the 2 clips on top of part #40 one of the little buggers ran away

Actually for a whole cover that really not too bad

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a similar, but different problem. I opened up the internal fuse box ( the one inside the door) and lost one of the retaining Spring clips. I scoured eBay for similar ones, but couldn't find one. Anyone got any ideas where to get them?

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
I have a similar, but different problem. I opened up the internal fuse box ( the one inside the door) and lost one of the retaining Spring clips. I scoured eBay for similar ones, but couldn't find one. Anyone got any ideas where to get them?
It may not be lost (if you're referring to the fusebox located at one end of the dashboard), the metal clip that is friction-attached by small hooks to a plastic "leg" of the fusebox cover, may come loose during removal and fall into the "cavity" the floor of which is part of the under dash. Try removing the black under dash panel (usually 3 screws) and use a torch/flashlight to look for it at the lower part of the fusebox compartment (you will be looking at it from it's "backside').

A gentle tap with closed fist on the floor of the dash may cause the clip to dance around and be retrievable.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Best resource for these types of things is a junk yard. Find a local yard that has a model or two of the car you need a few small items. Stop by and scrounge around to get what you need.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found a whole replacement lid on Ebay from a parted out SLK350. She's now sporting two clips again. GC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts