see what you need? attached parts list

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No joy in Mudville

Thanks Jeff,

I found the part number and spent most of last evening searching to no avail. No one seems to have salvaged the part so I guess I will have to just keep looking. Hopefully someone will see this thread (I guess it should be moved to the wanted to buy section, my mistake) and have what I need or know someone who does.

Ken

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,617 Posts
moved to
r170
Where to get R170 SLK Items

·
Registered
65 Posts
Good luck finding your parts ,, and welcome from a nearby member from PA . I visit Millersville regularly as my granddaughter is in her last year at the university .

Geo

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I assume that you have seen this parts list:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=9&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiYsKagrPHQAhWDMyYKHXL8B6cQFgg4MAg&url=http://srt-6.com/pdf/1998-2004_MB_SLK_Parts_Catalog.pdf&usg=AFQjCNFI1L4S5FLkpdLoQ-XGd9d_LzRrGA&sig2=iGTyHbQBBCfaRBe5y7-YbQ

You could try to order one from a Mercedes dealer if you are willing to swallow the $590 list price.

This ebay listing doesn't state the finish:

MERCEDES-BENZ 1706800652 GENUINE OEM COMPARTMENT BOX | eBay

but it might be maple or maybe the seller can track one down.

Good luck!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys,

The part number is 170 680 29 52. The is a cryptic mention of a "note" (19027) on this part that I can't find (I suspect it will refer to the color of the wood on the outside). The complete assembly is ridiculously expensive, especially considering all I need is the little door on the ash tray. I have done an exhaustive search on line trying to find a salvaged one, but no luck.

On another note, Both of you (desmodromic and bill becker) are very close to me (Columbia). My wife and several Grand daughters all graduated from Millersville!

I look forward to meeting both of you at the next gathering (when and where is unknown to me).

Thanks again,

Ken

1 - 11 of 11 Posts