Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was abit bored on the road today on my way back from Las Vegas and watched all the cars pass me. And i start to wonder how much longer before carmakers run out of fancy names to sell us Jelly Beans on wheels.

Example Gmc Danali Vw Toureg i bet i spelled it wrong LOL.
Mercedes Sl 500 there is nothing Sport and Leicht anymore about the Sl 4400 pounds plus yes 39 years ago the Sl was sporty and leicht

Gmc Hummer H2 i guess it stands for homee 2
Jeep Cherokee well how about the Dodge Custer ltd Edition
Chevy Malibu Honda Civic Lotus Eilise etc etc . You get the drift. Was Elise the girlfriend of a Lotus Designer? My fav. back in the 90th Ford gave us the ltd Eddie Baur edition. Whow.

My 66 mb got a badge on the trunklid 200 it was a 2.0 liter motor a Mb D240 was a Diesel as we all remember.

So anybody else got a good one to share ??? Why is it that we have all the fancy names on the trunklid now just to impress our neighbors? Hell i don,t know mayby you can tell me. As far as my next Mercedes i would like to buy the Slk Stealth ltd low to the ground Edition. That poor cop never had to chance to see me coming . :rb:confused::biglaugh::Beer::Beer::Beer:. ;););););)

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2005 SLK350
5,046 Posts
How about a StayAtHome to replace my Expedition?
A Praying Nun to replace my Diablo?
A Spherester to replace my Boxster? And shouldn't the Boxster be sold by Volvo anyways?

·
Registered
527 Posts
You should have a look at Italian car names. Take for example the Maserati Ghibli, or the Maserati Quattorporte! But hey, it's Italian, so it fits and is musical! It would be hard to imagine "Ford four doors" or "Dodge four doors".

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
11,984 Posts
Hey I've just found some odd name here you go!

Mitsubishi Pajero which mean "wanker"

Nissan Moco which means "booger"

Chevrolet Nova means "it doesnt go"

There are three really odd and if you ask me quite funny car names so there you go.

Rabbits, Gremlins, Hornets, oh my! :rb

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Guys for all the input i got a really good laugh this morning. Keep it coming and yes Wolly you got me .LOL

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
. . . and yes Wolly you got me .LOL
If you think that's bad, how about the following Mitsubishi names:-

Canter guts
auero queen
delcia space gear crusing active
mum 500 shall we join us? (yes, the question mark is part of the name)
Mini active urban sandal
Libero RVR super wild gear

As long as the Japanese keep coming up with names like this, we will never run out of new names for cars :mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.