Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 2 years of mental & physical hell, my daughter Francesca fought on against a virus that left her disabled.
She was a 16 yr old National athlete in 3 sports but her main being Irish Dancing.
The virus left her with some brain damage & she lost the use of her left leg from the knee down & her left arm from the elbow down.
Being a not give in person she learnt to walk again & after much falling over learnt to dance from the sound of her shoes & the feeling in her hip.
There have been many tears but she wouldn't give up.
I hope you can help me congratulate her as tonight she & her team have just won the World Irish Dance Championships in Boston, USA.

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,305 Posts
Congratulations Francesca!!!

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
I'm sure she couldn't have done that without the support of her family. Well done to ALL of you :tu:

·
Fanatical Member-sold-->2010 SLK300
3,419 Posts
Congratulations to Francesca, her team mates and the proud parents as well! A wonderful testimony of human "will" and accomplishment! Francesca is a far better person than most of us. She got dealt a bad hand, but not in her mind. Instead she treated it like a mere inconvenience and through hard work and perseverance she has conquered this short fall! Francesca is not disabled, in fact she has shown that she is Enabled to do what ever she sets her mind to!

I can't tell you how much respect I have for her.

Francesca, you are my new hero! :gh:

Thank you for sharing with us.

Steve

Reactions: tiledhouse

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Bravo... BRAVO

Y)
Francesca :gh: from a father and a grandfather :tu::tu:

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK280
3,920 Posts
Congratulations Francesca, well deserved. If we could manage half of what you have achieved we would all be better for it. Thank you for sharing.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Francesca...well done...may many blessings follow your courage into the future. A pat (and hug) on the back to a proud, and supportive, mom and dad.

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
As someone with two left feet, I have always been amazed by the ability of people to do Irish Dancing. To be able to do it to World Champion status after all she has been through is amazing.

Francesca, you are incredible!

Lissa.

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK280
392 Posts
Brilliant. Keep on keeping on Francesca.

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
:Banane21:the achievement itself is impressing...the backstory is amazing...CONGRATS!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts