Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a downloadable R170 manual on here? I have the glovebox manual but could do with the more technical one.... so I can tell my mechanic what I want..... as all my spanners are left handed .... and I am not :D

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,233 Posts

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jeff... I had found that one and it is very useful - I have it bookmarked

Over here we have Haynes manuals which show you the car and how to strip it down and put it back together. They dont do a manual for the Silk strangely

I have manuals for my Yamaha

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
You can get the service manual on CD from Mercedes, about $120 last I heard.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks Jeff... I had found that one and it is very useful - I have it bookmarked

Over here we have Haynes manuals which show you the car and how to strip it down and put it back together. They dont do a manual for the Silk strangely

I have manuals for my Yamaha
I was after one aswell I have always used Haynes manuals we should all complain to Haynes and see if they will make one

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't $120 sounds like a bargain either- I will keep looking on EBay and other sources I think

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just received a service manual on cd that I bought on E bay. its pretty much a dealer service manual/program. very complicated and I have yet to get any useful information out of it. would really like to find a nice simple manual like Haynes.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I don't $120 sounds like a bargain either- I will keep looking on EBay and other sources I think
I got one off Ebay for $30. Really useful. It has all models up to 2013. Don't know what's the difference between one for $120 though =) But it was well worth the money!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I downloaded the Crossfire manual that's in Leapyfish's sig. To me it's very user friendly and most procedures are step by step removal and assembly.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I downloaded the Crossfire manual that's in Leapyfish's sig. To me it's very user friendly and most procedures are step by step removal and assembly.
+1 on this - I use the SRT-6 manual (equivalent to SLK32) in conjunction with a set of R170 service pdfs I found (bought for $10) on the net.

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
208 Posts
I brought the £10 cd version off EBay - still to upload it on to my PC
Hi, Let me know what you think of the Workshop Manual. I'm looking at the same on Ebay but would value your opinion before buying. Its not that I mind the wasted £10, but I could do without the wasted time and PC disk space.....!

CraigHew

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's where I am now no spare time to load up four disks and software to open it but as No2 sprig has just brought an A series I will have the workshop manual for that too

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.