Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
S L K Tech Enthusiast
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Of course we all know the answer to that! Just wanted to say I'm in Tampa until next Tue Sep 22, missing my trusty SLK350 and spotted a few choice specimens while running errands today. If some Tampa area (to be specific, Palm Harbor) fellow members are inclined to enjoy a beer or a bite this week it'd be fun to meet face to face. Don't be surprised if the subject of, oh say, SLK mods comes up! - John

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,459 Posts
MaryKay will jump in to hopefully coordinate a mini meet

·
97,459 Posts

·
S L K Tech Enthusiast
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
S L K Tech Enthusiast
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
John, you are staying where in Tampa?
I'm in Palm Harbor off Tampa Rd near Omaha St, about 1.5 miles from Ferrari of Tampa Bay.

Looks like Parkesdale Farms is about an hour from here. Anything a little closer so this side of town? Just asking.

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,765 Posts
The market doesn't have strawberries this time of year thus no shortcake and they are closed on Monday. The plastic was just laid and now in the process of planting (slowly).

We can meet in Tampa. Let me research.

·
S L K Tech Enthusiast
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't want to inconvenience anyone if Tampa is more central, but reasonably distanced Applebees or Chili's is fine by me. MayKay & I traded numbers, will talk a little after 9 to square away details. You all know by now I'm a fan of Waze and trust it will get me to whatever spot we settle on.

·
97,459 Posts
never an inconvenience. we've traveled further for a minimeet. but I know time is at a premium for the visitor/tourist so I like to get in and out for their benefit.

·
97,459 Posts
we will be having a mini meet at Chilis on Dale Mabry and Columbus drive on Sunday, Sept 20th at 11 am.

Address: 2903 N Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL 33607

Any SLK owner's, feel free to join us and meet John or any other old/new members that show up!

·
97,459 Posts
bump! come to the mini meet Sunday!

bump! come to the mini meet Sunday!

·
97,459 Posts
Chris and I met John at Chilis for a nice lunch!
He needs to return during Strawberry Festival time frame next year or March for hopefully the 4th annual picnic!

·
S L K Tech Enthusiast
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
"This is what this forum is all about. Makes the world a happier place.
"

Yes, it certainly does. Thanks again to my SLK family in Tampa for the warm welcome. Great to meet Jeff & Chris face to face.

·
97,459 Posts
Ditto John! Hope you were productive at your house!
See you next time.

Don't forget we have to work on Vegas!

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,765 Posts
Gosh, I wish I could have met you John. Had to take mother-in-law to the hospital...UGH.:|

Hope to meet you next time you're here.:smile:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts