Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Long Time Member 2005 slk350
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
waiting for it to be given a work station and some training then its play time , 6 grands worth :)

(merc star diagnostic for those unsure what it is :biglaugh:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
Wow !

You guys across the pond have all the luck. Enjoy. :tu:

·
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
very much looking forward to getting to grips with it,even got a free pass to use it on a weekend on my car so I can learn more about it as its a win win for both of us :)

so what do I change on my car first ? kph to mph in lower dash , temp gauge ? any ideas and tips guys n gals ?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,151 Posts
help naffdave

·
DAS/STAR Registered Owner
4,018 Posts
Nice toy ..

Enjoy!

Cheers
Sean

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
14,223 Posts
Wow! A proper boys toy! :tu:

Lucky if I can get the time of day out of my company! :(

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Nice toy , how about activating both rear fog lights ...
That could very well be illegal in some places and dangerous/annoying in most. The car may not even have the hard items installed to do that anyway?

·
Registered 2004 SLK 200K
10,745 Posts
Most cars usually / used to have it , and the r171 even comes with the bulb in place , not sure if it's a Mercedes thing or new european rules or what .
Annoying , shouldn't be if only used when there's fog , I for one if I was behind just one rear fog light , would tend to mistake it for a motor bike ....

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Most cars usually / used to have it , and the r171 even comes with the bulb in place , not sure if it's a Mercedes thing or new european rules or what .
Annoying , shouldn't be if only used when there's fog , I for one if I was behind just one rear fog light , would tend to mistake it for a motor bike ....
The idea of only one rear fog is that so in bad viz, you can still easily see the brake lights of the vehicle ahead. I don't understand the "mistaking it for a motorbike" bit - does it make a difference what vehicle is in front of you?!!

·
14,223 Posts
I don't understand the "mistaking it for a motorbike" bit - does it make a difference what vehicle is in front of you?!!
I always tend to give bikers a bit more space, so for me, yes it does.

·
14,223 Posts
.. .. .. but even if it was a car, you shouldn't be "tailgateing" it - especially in fog :)
Point taken Woolly! :hail:

Perhaps that's why Mabel's suffering so many stone chips! :D

Sorry Pete ... didn't mean to hijack your thread.

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Point taken Woolly! :hail:

Perhaps that's why Mabel's suffering so many stone chips! :D

Sorry Pete ... didn't mean to hijack your thread.
Very god point about the stone chip issue. I religiously give cars ahead a lot of room and after over 5 years of operation I have only 1 very small (1mm) stone chip. Also helps me stay accident free!

·
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
still waiting to get plugged in :biglaugh: that's the nhs for ya :biglaugh::biglaugh:

but when it does it looks like turning them rear fogs on is the first thing I need to do :tu::tu::tu::tu:

you guys always make me laugh :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts