Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you ever must ship a car and a driver by the name Larry Virgill shows up, send him away. What a BUTT. He picked my car up 15 days ago in Scottsdale AZ and was to call in couple days, no call, following Friday I called, said in Chicago be here couple days. No word til yesterday 14 days after PU, and he is in Texas told me he would get here when he gets here. Stop calling him. Well I am not calling again, BUT: His world will be shaken when he arrives. My wife is a Judge in the Magistrates Court and with her assistance warrants for larceny after trust and civil complaint will be served on him when he arrives.Bond 10,000.00. His contract and Bill of Laden stated 10 days from pickup. Will be the most expensive $1100.00 he ever made. He is independent driver but books thru "Central Dispatch". I am filing a complaint with them Monday when I get the info. Last car I shipped came from Blain WA in 6 days, driver got 300.00 tip. Beware, car bounced around all over the country, mrchanic ready to look it over. What a crock to deal with.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:td: Larry is in for the surprise of a life time. I just hope the car arrives in good condition, or he'll have more problems. He had an obligation to deliver your car in a timely manner. Now he's overdue, cocky, and shows no compassion. "Don't ask, don't call", wrong answer Larry. 412Driver, good luck, I'm sure Larry will learn a lesson out of this. Keep us informed. Online and long distance purchasing of vehicles is now a way of life.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
I feel your pain Doug. I shipped both my cars over here. Dropped them off together and was told they would ship together. My car shows up 2 weeks later than my wife's. I found out they trucked her car accross the country and shipped from the East coast. Mine, they shipped from the West coast via the Panama Canal...translation? Took 2 weeks longer.

They admitted they screwed so hopefully I'll be seeing some of the $2200 I spent. (The wife's car got shipped free of charge on my orders.)

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Make sure you remember what your mileage was. He may be just out enjoying your slk!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, mileage was recorded on bill of laden and I will compare. Thanks man. :tu:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.