Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wooley,

I was heading Eastbound on the A69 between Hexham and the A68 (Stagshaw) Round-a-bout at 1600hrs today the 25th FEB and noticed an SLK about a quarter mile in front of me......well I had to catch up and check it out.

As I got closer I realised it was GREEN so raced up behind it (a bit to fast) to see if it was you, however as I got right up behind I saw it was a 280, so kind of backed off, so I didnt scare the driver.......Mad black SLK right on my rear bumper.......HELP!!

The car carried off along the A69 and I turned South on the A68 after waving and flashing my lights to say hi....

and I must admit...........The GREEN looked really cool......:tu:

Wonder if it is a member or visitor to this site?
If it is I am sorry if I scared you?

·
Registered
286 Posts
I was on the freeway with my wife last weekend and I noticed on my side mirrors that there was a black SLK on the other lane behind us. I slowed down a bit (was about to exit anyway) and hoped the other SLK would catch up. It did, and the couple in that car were both looking at us. We smiled at them and I think they were smiling at us, not too sure cause I paid more attention to the road and had to take the oncoming ramp. I was just surprised cause there's not a lot of SLKs in the places I frequent so it was surprising to see one while I was in one.

I thought if it was a 55 then it might be one of the members here I've chatted with, but it was a 280 instead.

The last time I bought a new car (10 years ago) I would get a smile or a nod from drivers of other similar cars, too.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I've been doing is since I got my SLK but not one person as waved/flashed (headlights) back :(, has anyone else who does this had much response???
had a few nod back after i nod at them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts