Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I consider the members of this forum to be family, that is why I'm posting this Off Topic item.

I've expressed this to a few members (Scott, Edward and Oscar) before. My daughter, Kim, just got a letter from UC Davis School of Medicine and has been accepted for a first year position this August!

WOOHOOO!

Praise the Lord! (Not to bring up the subject of religion). I just want to express a prayer of thanks!

Cruzer 7, I may swing by and we can have coffee one of these days. :)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I consider the members of this forum to be family, that is why I'm posting this Off Topic item.

I've expressed this to a few members (Scott, Edward and Oscar) before. My daughter, Kim, just got a letter from UC Davis School of Medicine and has been accepted for a first year position this August!

WOOHOOO!

Praise the Lord! (Not to bring up the subject of religion). I just want to express a prayer of thanks!

Cruzer 7, I may swing by and we can have coffee one of these days. :)
I had the same letter 15 years ago. I can still remember me bouncing all over the garden and screaming with joy. My parents calling all the mumbers they knew and my mother making me my favourite pasta.....

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its a lot of hard work but its the most rewarding job you can have on this planet.

P

·
Registered
303 Posts
Congratulations! I want to wish your daughter and all your family the best! :rb:rb:rb:rb:bannana::bannana:Y)

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
All the best from me Eddy! Can remember when my son got his letter from the university of art one year ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Congrats Eddy - best of luck to her with it all!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Congratulations to your daughter and to you, who helped get
her to this point. UC Davis is a great school! My medical
school training was at UNC Chapel Hill. It was a great decision
to not take on the debt of a pvt institution. . .it allowed me
to enter one of the lowest paying specialities:biglaugh:
May she have a successful, rewarding future:rb

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congradulations to your Daughter, Eddy I hope she doe's well with her studies,gets high grade's and to maintain a high GPA.
She is doing much better than me when I was her age. I am very glad. Her research work as a research assistant at the VA Med Ctr/UC San Diego Neuroscience has produced some good results and she is named (albeit the 3rd or 4th author) in an abstract that is submitted for publication. I didn't get any publication until my fellowship years in medical residency. She has one under her belt as an undergrad.

Mohammed, I shall remember to tell her what you said.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All the best from me Eddy! Can remember when my son got his letter from the university of art one year ago.
Gero, very impressive art work! What is field of interest? Impressionist Art? I hope you post some more of his works.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wish her all the best from the UK, Eddy, as Paulo says, It's a long hard slog, but ultimately worth it.
I know she knows that there is a lot of hard work ahead. I must've asked her several thousand times from middle school through high school and college and as recently as 2 weeks ago about her decision. She never waivered in her answer.

Congratulations to your daughter and to you, who helped get
her to this point. UC Davis is a great school! My medical
school training was at UNC Chapel Hill. It was a great decision
to not take on the debt of a pvt institution. . .it allowed me
to enter one of the lowest paying specialities:biglaugh:
May she have a successful, rewarding future:rb
My daughter applied to 28 schools, she got 3 interviews and the rest rejected her application. All the rejection letters say that it is very competitive with about 4500 applicants for 100 positions (2.2% chance)!

UC Davis School of Medicine is her first choice.

On one of her interviews, the Associate Dean of Admissions in Philadelphia said that medicine these days don't pay much. Her answer was: "I am not in this for money!"

My hats off to the next generation when I see them more mature than I am, e.g., when I see/read the posts from DansSLK, Baron, lilnora, etc.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank You Everyone For Your Well Wishes And Words!

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:Congratulations to your daughter and credit to her parents. She's a chip off the old block. Only good things ahead.

·
Premium Member
10,721 Posts
She is doing much better than me when I was her age. I am very glad. Her research work as a research assistant at the VA Med Ctr/UC San Diego Neuroscience has produced some good results and she is named (albeit the 3rd or 4th author) in an abstract that is submitted for publication. I didn't get any publication until my fellowship years in medical residency. She has one under her belt as an undergrad.

Mohammed, I shall remember to tell her what you said.
All the best:tu:

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Fantastic! Congrats to you and her both. I have one more year and all the kids are through college. It is definately amazing to watch them transform into young adults through the college years. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. I know it will be special for your family.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts