Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone replaced the carbon fiber witha wood dash trim kit?
i want to do this and i would like some recommendations, where can i get a quality looking one?
does anyone have picture of the look of the car once the wood dash trim kit has been installed? thanks!>:D

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,085 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Wood Kit.

Er, yep I know some guy that retro fitted a wood kit, about two weeks back. Me! Check out my garage. From reading up on the net, it seemed that both pre and post facelift had multi changing trim. Im UK based and have an S reg which is circa 98 and my OEM wood was from a 2002.. Although ive an auto and the kit was from a manual which means I will soon probably spray the inner gearbox/shifter centre, the OEM kit fit just fine.. I would recommend that you source one from a breakers yard.. take out the CD and you will find two screws behind, take out the large panel that the CD and air condition vents fits into, then you can remove coin holder which is just four screws. The gear surround, you have to prise off the chrome centre and then using a small screwdriver, just prise the gear shift surround and undo the airbag and elec windows. If you are fitting door capping's as I did, disconnect the battery first and wait 30 mins to be sure the airbags are safe. If you can find an OEM Mercedes wood kit, I would recommend as basically......it looks awesome in my opinion. Hope you can find one and let me know what you think of my garage pics !! kevin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.