Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
*Registered
2014 SLK350
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Nissan Rogue asks, "Have you forgotten your cell phone?"
When I start the engine without an iPhone.
Is there a way to give a similar function to SLK?
By using smart tags, I can prevent my mobile phone from being absent.
However, since the malfunction at midnight is unpleasant, I turn off the smart tag function at home,
so I want to prevent going out without a mobile phone.

·
*Registered
2013 SLK55 AMG
354 Posts
Not aware of this in any Merc.

Reactions: pch_n

·
**Premium Member 2018 SLC43
3,820 Posts
Agree that it would be a useful promt and should be included as a EU environmental function on all new cars, as I've had to do a few trips home at lunch time, as My phone was left "Home Alone"....

I sometimes check the COMAND screen as I drive off, which shows if the phone is present:

·
*Registered
2017 SL400
1,372 Posts
Agree that it would be a useful promt and should be included as a EU environmental function on all new cars, as I've had to do a few trips home at lunch time, as My phone was left "Home Alone"....

I sometimes check the COMAND screen as I drive off, which shows if the phone is present:
View attachment 601718
Seems we are still going down the slippery slope of taking less and less responsibility for ourselves. Coming from an era before mobile phones, it staggers me that people now need reminders not to leave their phone at home.

What happens when you use a taxi to get to your destination...Cabbie whips out a checklist : “Phone, wallet, house keys tickets, passport............”.😉

·
*Registered
2012 SLK 250CDI
489 Posts
Seems we are still going down the slippery slope of taking less and less responsibility for ourselves. Coming from an era before mobile phones, it staggers me that people now need reminders not to leave their phone at home.

What happens when you use a taxi to get to your destination...Cabbie whips out a checklist : “Phone, wallet, house keys tickets, passport............”.😉
That's my checklist before I walk out of the house towards the car!!

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK200K 'Little Growler'
2,137 Posts
I wasn't suggesting that this was a needless question. If I didn't have a wife who would remind me to check that I had keys, the phone and my wallet, I would be locked out of my house, standing on the street, unable to drive anywhere and unable to call anyone so that they could laugh at me, quite often.

·
*Registered
2013 SLK250 CDI
128 Posts
Reminds me of some friends who had a cab pick them up to go to the airport 1 1/2 hours away. Apparently the cab driver was to blame for the bag containing essential medicines, passports and wallets being left on the driveway where they had dumped it behind the cab. :confused:

·
*Registered
2014 SLK350
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

It doesn't make sense to me.
I stop walking and drive a car.

·
*Registered
2014 SLK350
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
This reminds me of a story I heard about NASA spending millions to develop a pen that would work in space, whereas the Soviet Cosmonauts used a pencil....
I learned to take my foot off the brake pedal while fighting fear to avoid braking understeer.
I don't feel the need for ABS for a time attack on the raceway,
but I don't want to drive a car without ABS in my daily life.

·
**Premium Member 2018 SLC43
3,820 Posts
This phone thread reminds of someone I worked with:
He got into His car one evening to drive home from work & couldn't find His phone, but as the Bluetooth had connected to the Ford Head Unit, just assumed it was in His laptop bag or hiding under under all the junk on the front passenger seat.... But having driven off, reached the first junction, braked and His Blackberry flew off the roof, bounced on the bonnet/hood, before smashing onto the road - At that point He remembered where He'd put the phone.......!!

·
Administrator (Canada)
2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30 "Schwarzie"
19,050 Posts
Forgot mine on my parcel shelf (roof down). During covid lockdown (no going into stores), had to pickup some stuff at the hardware store "outside pickup". Put my phone down on the shelf (to show order confirmation email) to take the package. Drove away and after a mile, I had an "oh **** ) moment. Where is it? Oh oh. Pulled over and thankfully my cell was still sitting on the shelf.

One of the few times I couldn't enjoy the "music" as too much traffic (y). There are advantages to driving slow at times :eek: 🤣 🤣

·
*Premium Member
No SLK
16,567 Posts

Get one of them
A) you look like the Transporter when you leave the house and you neighbors will be impressed and guessing what you do for a living
B) you never loose your phone again

C) plenty of room in there for a couple cold Pints and some fish and chips or any other type of snack you prefer

D) make sure to wear a black suits and black shades the neighbors never gonna mess with you or your car again.

·
*Registered
2017 SL400
1,372 Posts
This reminds me of a story I heard about NASA spending millions to develop a pen that would work in space, whereas the Soviet Cosmonauts used a pencil....
Yep that is definitely a myth!

·
*Registered
2017 SL400
1,372 Posts
That's my checklist before I walk out of the house towards the car!!
You reminded me of that bad old dad joke.....

A man observes his Jewish neighbour making the sign of a cross as he leaves his house. He is a little surprised and asks his neighbour why is is making the sign of the cross.....”Oh no he replies I’m just checking I have everyything in place..... “spectacles, testicles, wallet and watch......"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts