Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
2010 SLK-55, P30 performance package with Kleeman headers/tune.

Big factory options: Bi-Zenon headlights, P30 performance package, Obsidian black with black leather
Aftermarket items: Kleeman long tube headers and tune, around 400hp with a nice deep tone. Smarttop window/top controller.

Maintenance done: Top hydraulic cylinder, headliner and trunk partition (2016), Rear end service, tune up & plugs (2017), Transmission service (2018), Left bank cam position sensor (2018), 4 new tires (12/2018), Bi-Zenon bulbs replaced (2019), A & B services every 9k with most recent B service this August. If you're in Texas, safety inspection and registration done in August.

Issues with car: First issue, around 1.5 years ago, it was backed into while parked in front of my house. Cracked the plastic below the star on the pointy nose. $3500 of insurance money later and it was fixed at the local Mercedes body shop but the insurance company flagged it as damaged on carfax for their trouble. Second issue, rear main seal & valve cover gaskets are seeping. From the moment I got the car, the dealership wanted to change these. As you don't see smoke, smell burning oil, the car doesn't mark its parking spot, it only uses around 1 quart of oil in 9k miles, I questioned if it was an actual oil leak or a Mercedes vblock seeping oil? Local indy shop quoted me $1500 for replacing the 3 seals and I've almost convinced myself to stop being stubborn and have it done.

I bought this car used 3 years and 30000ish miles ago and it has been my daily driver ever since, so it's been driven in the rain and while not pristine, it is in really good shape and runs great. More importantly, it is a hell of a lot of fun. I find myself needing more cargo room and off road capacity than the Benz can deliver. Any questions, just ask.

I've got it listed on autotrader at $18500, expecting to be haggled down. Here, lets say $16500 and see where we end up.

More and larger pics are at the autotrader link:
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=525153270&LNX=PSEMAILLEAD

Thanks and any questions, comments, whatevers, just ask
Gary

Attachments

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,638 Posts
In no particular order

1. For sale threads are not editable by the poster. If you need a change made, please contact a moderator.
2, Thread should include price, pictures, contact info like email address. Try to not post a phone number.
3. If you have less than 15 posts, you won't be able to reply by pm as newbies won't be able to pm the seller either since they also probably have less than the required 15 posts to do so.
4. Why are threads uneditable? In case of a dispute, the seller cannot go back and say something was X when it was Y, because the seller changed it in his favor.
5. Seller, please post a reply informing us that it sold when someone buys it. Saves folks trawling for cars, only to find that they have gone. Thanks.

SLKWorld is not liable for any problems that result out of participating in Buying/Selling on this site.
Let the buyer/seller beware.

·
Super Moderator
11,594 Posts
Closed per OP request.
@Miloe please update your profile as to vehicle status.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.