Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed this last week at the local MB (Laguna Niguel): the service advisor now uses a wireless tablet PC with stylus to log you in for service and also to get you in a loaner vehicle. No more going in-and-out of office to retrieve paperwork.

If one makes the appointment on-line and I usually do, your typed in comments (and I usually enter the part nos. or WIS no., if known) are also saved.

I'm trying to get the service advisor to communicate via text with the tablet PC if possible :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
The dealer in Buena Park I bought from and did some warrenty work at still uses paper as of a few weeks ago.

I've heard good things about the dealer in Laguna Niguel. I'll try them out once I'm in Irvine.

·
19,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealer in Buena Park I bought from and did some warrenty work at still uses paper as of a few weeks ago.

I've heard good things about the dealer in Laguna Niguel. I'll try them out once I'm in Irvine.
Let me know when the move is complete and I'll tell which service advisor and master technician to ask for. SLKluv also used an indy nearby and was pleased with service C and transmission service, reasonably priced.

As a side note: the wallpaper used on the tablet PC (saw in all the service advisor's devices) was the (R171) pewter SLK55 AMG. Apparently it uses MOC1 that was approved by MBUSA in 2008/2009 (Google search).

Reactions: Gregg

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Thanks Eddy. We're moving late June, so we should be settled by mid July.

The car is getting close to 50,000 mi and I don't have any records that the transmission service was ever done, so I plan to do that as soon as financially possible.

·
19,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Eddy. We're moving late June, so we should be settled by mid July.

The car is getting close to 50,000 mi and I don't have any records that the transmission service was ever done, so I plan to do that as soon as financially possible.
The indy shop may be a better deal in terms of price.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Thanks for the info. My SLK55 AMG is around 36K miles and will need trans serviced. So is my SLK 280 at around also 36K miles and will need the same (it is indicating service D in x days). I am planning on diving the SLK 280 from MS back to SoCal later this summer for SMOG requirements to renew the license plate!!!:(

Can you PM me the INDY's contact info so I can get both of my SLK's serviced? What is the price differential between your MB dealer and the INDY?

Thanks.

The indy shop may be a better deal in terms of price.

·
19,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. My SLK55 AMG is around 36K miles and will need trans serviced. So is my SLK 280 at around also 36K miles and will need the same (it is indicating service D in x days). I am planning on diving the SLK 280 from MS back to SoCal later this summer for SMOG requirements to renew the license plate!!!:(

Can you PM me the INDY's contact info so I can get both of my SLK's serviced? What is the price differential between your MB dealer and the INDY?

Thanks.
I will PM later tonight with the info of the indy. The shop is in south Orange County near the interstate 5 and Crown Valley Parkway exit in Mission Viejo/Laguna Niguel area.

Price differential: Cost of Service C + transmission service (indy) = cost of transmission service (MB dealer).

I am planning to visit their shop tomorrow just to chat and will give them a heads up (drop me a PM on your name and contact info if it's OK with you). Slkluv used the indy recently for the aforementioned services.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Haha thats interesting. I just got my own tablet in recently (in fact, i am writing this very reply on it right now) and it makes my work life so much easier. Its a wonder why tablets haven't caught on yet.

·
19,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha thats interesting. I just got my own tablet in recently (in fact, i am writing this very reply on it right now) and it makes my work life so much easier. Its a wonder why tablets haven't caught on yet.
It's a question of capital expenditure/investment aka mullah/dinero/quid.

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC 300 Founding member #7
2,161 Posts
For me, I'm a touch typer. Can barely stand to write with pencil and paper. TOO SLLOOWWW.

Same with a touch. Tap, ..... Tap ... Tap.

On the other hand, when there is a keyboard, I can type about as quick as I can think it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.