Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I had to take my windscreen wiper assembly apart due to water getting in and seizing the spindle on the drivers side. Only when I put everything back together, did I notice that the spindle on the drivers side didn’t have a rubber grommet round it but the middle one did. I called MB in Ellesmere Port and the parts guy ( who was very helpful by the way) said that Mercedes only list the one grommet for the middle spindle and none for the other, obviously he didn’t have an 03 SLK 320 to have a look at. Can anybody please confirm that this is the case on their car.
Cheers, Chesterxiii.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,947 Posts
only 1 item 130

A 170 824 00 98
SEAL
WIPER SPINDLE
Quantity: 1

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for that, I’m not going mad then. I thought I’d misplaced it and had half my garden shed apart looking for something that I now find out, never existed in the first place! :tazz:
Oh well, I’ve saved some money. Cheers.

·
Registered 2002 R170 SLK V8 5.0
2,026 Posts
Hi,

IIRC the actual seal is an O ring inside the tube of the Wheel Box to seal the shaft, but of course over the years they degrade and disappear into dust.

I just pack the Wheel Box / Shaft with copperslip and refit ;)

HTH, Cheers Dave

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,

IIRC the actual seal is an O ring inside the tube of the Wheel Box to seal the shaft, but of course over the years they degrade and disappear into dust.

I just pack the Wheel Box / Shaft with copperslip and refit ;)

HTH, Cheers Dave
Thank you Dave, I did just that but used Lucas Red n Tacky marine grease, I use the stuff in the bearings on my enduro bike. That should keep the water out for a while. Otherwise it’s around £100 for a new part.
Cheers, chesterxiii

1 - 7 of 7 Posts