Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wiper fluid sprayer has come disconnected from the hose on the passenger side on my 2002 SLK320. I've taken off the black panel, and can see that there is a plastic "T" that the spray connects to. It doesn't appear to be broken or cracked from what I can see. But, the sprayer pops out of the "T" with the slightest amount of pressure from the wiper fluid.

Has anyone had this happen? Can I just replace the "T"? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Mahalo!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Plastic tubing will swell/harden with heat and age so that it does not fit tightly on T. You could use a tiny clamp on the hose/T or you can buy T's the right size at a very good hardware store or Home Depot. An alternative if you have some slack with the tubing you can try cutting off 1/2 inch or so which will give you fresh bond. There is also a little marine epoxy (hardware store) on the T/hose joint. Lots of ways to skin this cat.....

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Agree with the above..could try a small bundle tie but a small hose (screw) clamp would be best. May be time to replace the hoses, if this one has slipped it's brothers may follow shortly...any sign of cracking from age?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.