Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

*Premium Member
2008 SLK350
The people up here that have them are relatively high on the income scale. This means it is typically a second or third car and that means they are used on sunny days and special occasions. That means low mileage and, consequently, low operating costs. I'm going against the grain on that front too, and it costs.
Now retired and mine indeed only gets used on sunny days. 馃尀
But....first 2 R171's I had were used as a daily driver to work. Meaning 200 km round trip every day. All year round,also during winter with snow and salted roads. They never let me down. Only regular maintenance,nothing extra ordinary.
No guarantee ofcourse,but you might get a pleasant surprise on that going against the grain thing. :D

*Premium Member
2008 SLK350
Mercedes also lists up to 5 clutches....But I have 8.....
This stuff is way over my head but doesn't WIS doc GF27.51-P-5200W,the one they refer to in the doc describing the clearance adjustment of the multidisk brakes lists B1 consisting of 4 internally toothed plates and 4 externally toothed plates? Together 8?
Or am I reading this completely wrong? Like I said,way out of my league and sorry if I may cause any confusion.Just curious and trying to learn.....;)

*Premium Member
2008 SLK350
Don't know if anyone is actually reading this stuff, likely because the people here will never rebuild a 722.906, but I suspect this thread will be helpful for others on the Internet... because someone will.
I for one am. I got 2 left hands so I probably will never perform this taks but I am always interested in the technical stuff. So yeah,keep on writing. 馃憤

1 - 4 of 4 Posts