Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have MB winter wheels for their SLC AMG 43? I've spoken to my dealer and MB directly and they can't offer up a part number or price.

Depending on price, I don't know whether the go for a full set of wheels or swap the tyres on the existing rims. I don't like the idea of keep swapping the tyres over though.

Annoyingly I already have a set of winter wheels for my previous R172 SLK 350, but I've been told they won't fit as the brakes on the AMG are too big. I'll be looking to try to sell these shortly, so PM me if you want to make me an offer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Astleytm,
Did you ever get to the bottom of this?
I'm now looking at this for my SLC, and I'm unable to find any useful information online.
Ideally, I'm looking to see if I can put 17" rims on with winter tyres....
Cheers!

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
13,166 Posts

·
Registered 2012 SLK250 CDI
221 Posts
Hey Astleytm,
I'm now looking at this for my SLC, and I'm unable to find any useful information online.
Cheers!
Pretty certain that the 17" wheels will only go on a standard non sports model car as the brake disc and caliper on sports ones needs the 18" wheel. Worth checking the handbook, mine gave the correct size wheels and tyres for different slk models.
Great place to get wheel and tyres combo is mercedes used parts business in Germany, will dig out the details for you tomorrow.

·
Registered 2012 SLK250 CDI
221 Posts
As promised....

Best viewed in Chrome with auto translate turned on.

·
Registered 2008 SLK350
2,301 Posts
Hey Astleytm,
Cheers!
Here you go

Allowable rim/tire combination for the SLC43. In German, but basically it says the rim/tire combination without 1) in column "Hinweise" (Clarification) you can use for the SLC43. If it doesn't has 3) in that column snowchains are allowed. 5) means only certain type of snowchains, the ones with small shackles. Never used snowchains so can't tell what they look like. But to answer your question, only 18"rims allowed on SLC43.

·
Registered 2019 SLC43
21 Posts
I it rial m10s with Michelin pilot alpin 5 s - can’t comment on snow or ice but dealing with crazy heavy rain very well
Note you do need much longer bolts - I went from 27mm origals to 45 mm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts