Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered Looking for an SLK
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi had first snow here today only had the car 3 weeks so first time out with it in bad weather. So i switched to winter setting and found the car seems to slip and lose traction more than in summer standard setting has anyone else had this.
I know all the setting does is make the car pull away in second gear and change up earlier but it does'nt to me help with traction seems to make it worse than pulling away in first gear ?

Dave

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,413 Posts
i believe the r170 had summer and winter buttons.

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
Never had that problem the one time i drove it in the winter, i did notice the winter setting also controls the throttle and helps with the tire spin.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Is that roof down, roof up...:)

On a more serious note, I guess it depends what the 'Winter' setting is doing. Perhaps using 2nd gear to pull away, and tending towards using higher gears than normal. This helps to reduce the force at the road wheels, but it's not a miracle cure. Light car, wide tyres is not a good recipe for winter driving.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Seasons at the push of a button . . . who would have thunk it???

(Never found that they changed much in the way of performance under normal driving conditions. (Haven't had much in the way of snow to deal with yet.))

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.