Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
windscreen sensor fault

just had my windscreen changed by national windscreens.
was worried about light sensor but they said it would not be a problem.

tested it after fitting and it worked fine . next day on the first drive warning light on dash comes up light sensor go to dealer . and auto lights are on all the time.

took it back and it appears they never used new gel so re geled the sensor . but it still does not work . he found damp water in sensor and some old blue gel over the sensor which he said should not have been there.

now how do I stand it was working before hand and now it don't .windscreen was done under insurance .

does it need a reset from mb or have they broken the sensor.
:frown:sorry posted in wrong area

·
Founding Member 2006
108,970 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
windscreen company not interested in sorting problem . so need to chat to insurance company tomorrow.im not paying out twice already paid excess on policy.:frown:

·
*DAS/STAR Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
4,038 Posts
The windscreen co should sort it, but they are notoriously [email protected] at things like this unfortunately - I had a real mare of a time with one company when they did a framless door window in my last Alfa - they couldn't get the window right at all - huge gaps all the way round, which they though was acceptable!!

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
car finaly fixed

national windscreens had broken the sensor .but I had to prove it and have car tested at Mercedes dealer then national replaced the sensor and fault disappeared but lights still never worked correctly.so had to go back to Mercedes dealer again and have recalibrated. so it cost me twice . for testing . when back to national windscreens and gave them the bill.
whey said they would send me a cheque . will keep you posted.

this only happened after I phoned and complained to national and my insurance company. both tried to wriggle out of it . but I was not going to take it on the chin.

regards pete
:wink:

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
car finaly fixed

national windscreens had broken the sensor .but I had to prove it and have car tested at Mercedes dealer then national replaced the sensor and fault disappeared but lights still never worked correctly.so had to go back to Mercedes dealer again and have recalibrated. so it cost me twice . for testing . when back to national windscreens and gave them the bill.
whey said they would send me a cheque . will keep you posted.

this only happened after I phoned and complained to national and my insurance company. both tried to wriggle out of it . but I was not going to take it on the chin.

regards pete
:wink:
well got cheque in post today for £120 for out of pocket expenses from national windscreens.:smile:.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.