Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

*Registered
2009 SLK350
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009 SLK 350 . Headlight washers work and windshield washer nozzles cleaned and OK , so why won't my windshield washers work ?

Administrator (Canada)
Is your hood COMPLETELY closed? They won't if the hood is open or even not quite closed. Sensor might be defective as well.

And to save you some time, no need to tell us what car you have as it's in your profile every time you post 馃槈
Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Material property

Founding Member 2006
windshield washer pump is electronic fuse so nothing you can do but go to dealer for service
headlight washer pump is separate from windshield

* Administrator (Premium Member)
2009 SLK 350 . Headlight washers work and windshield washer nozzles cleaned and OK , so why won't my windshield washers work ?
I take it your wipers work, just not the washer?
If it has stood for a while you can get algae in the system. Mixing screen wash brands can cause drop out.

From what you say I guess you have traced the tubes and no sign of a leak?

If all above ok & fuses ok, perhaps an issue with either the relay, or the contact in the steering wheel stem.

Founding Member 2006
Look up 'windscreen washer pump' on search - a generic pump fits for not much money and is diy able after removing the RH wheel and the wheel arch liner. The pumps for headlight and screen washes are separate units.
but if it is the 'electronic fuse' that is the culprit ...................

*Registered
2006 SLK280 "Sheila"
When I had this problem. The first thing I did, was to clean out the jets with a pin. When they still did not work, I disconnected both hoses from each jet, putting them somewhere so the screen wash fluid could be view while the bonnet was closed. When I could see that the fluid was coming out of the hoses. I put the failure down to the Heater element within the jets. This is something which cannot be repaired (well I couldn't find a way to do it). So I had to replace the jets.

John

*Registered
2009 SLK55 AMG w/P30
I am trying to remember. Does the pump that supplies fluid to the headlight washers also supply the windshield washers? If not and they are separate but in the same bottle which some were then it could be the pump.

*Registered
2009 SLK350
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So there are 2 pumps . One for headlights and another for windshield and they are both on or by the fluid reservoir behind the driver side wheel well ?

Founding Member 2006
Product Rectangle Font Line Software

Product Font Software Rectangle Line

*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG /2005 SLK350
The cap from a sharpie marker makes the perfect plug to keep your fluid from spilling out :)

Founding Member 2006
see my post for the other pump

1 - 16 of 16 Posts