Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Mainly a personal choice. Some prefer to drive with the roof and windows retracted, so a rear windscreen/blocker is of no function in this situation.

Some prefer a bit of flexibility to drive with the roof retracted and main windows up, so the rear windscreen cuts down on turbulence and helps in keeping the cabin at a comfortable temperature during winter months.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
I put my net on today, I'd say it cut down on the back draft 80%, so the glass might be worthwhile. You can see through it.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:)Eddy (etyu) summed it up best. I prefer top down, windows down, so I don't see the need. I tried the factory mesh and didn't like the look.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
I like the look and added style to the car. Having it be able to be lit up to show my design when I choose too is an added bonus.

I get lots of compliments on it.

Try looking here for the best ones made. http://www.dynamicautoconcepts.com/

SLKman:tu:

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,529 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have been driving in 4*C weather and I find that it does help to keep the cabin warmer than without it. I have a factory MB net but I'm really looking at getting the Windrestrictor model. Does anyone know if there is a difference between both net and plexiglass or just the look?

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK350
18,914 Posts
Have used both and they work about the same. The biggest differance for me was the rear view visability was much better at night with the Windrestrictor.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
The net does work surprisingly good.

I like the net as I don't really want to feel as though i'm in a plastic box. The net I can leave down as much as I like too.

I might get the plexi one too someday, but so far I just like using the net off and on during the seasons I actually put the top down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.