Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my screen changed recently and the reception on the radio was appalling. Got the fitters back and to be fair they replaced the screen for another one. But still the reception is poor, surprisingly they used a MB screen. Does the radio/arial need to be trimmed, calibrated by MB to get my reception back? The radio worked fine before the screen was replaced.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
*Registered
SLK Disposed of
310 Posts
I think may be mine has been replaced at some time as mine is rubbish too.
Works just like a mobile signal OK then drops out then back on again and in the same places, never works on my drive few 100 yards from my home then works then a mile down the road drops out again then into the built up area on again and so on and this is the same all the time.

·
*Registered
2017 SLC43
1,903 Posts
I think may be mine has been replaced at some time as mine is rubbish too.
Works just like a mobile signal OK then drops out then back on again and in the same places, never works on my drive few 100 yards from my home then works then a mile down the road drops out again then into the built up area on again and so on and this is the same all the time.
Unfortunately your problem is you're in Norfolk. DAB is shocking in Norfolk. I have terrible DAB reception in my SLKs in Norwich. Thetford is OK most of the time but Attleborough and Wymondham are very poor. And it's fine in most other places.

And because it's digital, the receiver either gets the signal and processes it so you can hear it, or it loses it completely. You can set it to default to analogue radio if the station you are listening to exists on analogue FM (so Radio 1/2/3/4 works great and just drop back to FM but Radio 5 is LW only so it doesn't work and R5 Sports Extra is digital only so it can't do it either.

·
*Registered
2015 SLK250 CDI
355 Posts
Funny that only yesterday I noticed the very same thing. So I got my co-pilot ( the wife , she also doubles as my navigator as her name is Pat as in Patnav , she is also better looking than my Becker) to see which frequency we were on as I too thought it was on Dab , and in Dorset we have a lot of drop out areas . But we were actually on FM .
Just been out and bought an inch dia drill and one of those 4 ft whip Ariels to fit on the right front wing , will look awesome , on the other hand I could just use the CD player .
But I know what you mean the reception for a modern set up is awful, and that is the first bad thing I can find to say about this car .

Michael . >:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.