Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Arizona = none. But we have an amazing amount of windscreen replacements here due to crap kicked up from the road. Anyone know what happens to the Mercedes signature sticker that features your engine builders signature when you get a replacement windscreen? I saw a MB with a sticker the other day that just said "Mercedes" written in script. It was obvious and looked terrible. Any way to get a copy of the original if you have the dealer replace the windscreen?

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
"Anyone know what happens to the Mercedes signature sticker that features your engine builders signature when you get a replacement "

I never had this. Just a Daimler-C sticker with MB sig and my local dealer put one in. these have been removed. so at the moment have two texas road stamps for carworthiness and tax on the left

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
None in Kuwait, Thank God. In France our C320[W203] and 300SL-24V [R129] is full of these decals and papers that are for the Insurance,Residential Area etc.

·
Banned
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ones required here are (1) road tax certificate (2) insurance certificate. The extras are (1) VIP Mercedes service (2) home parking garage (3) policeman good friend. The last one is most handy.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
wow that is alot of window stickers.
In UK only ones required are Tax, and then if your car is over 4 years old it needs an MOT, which has to be shown on your windscreen as a sticker to show you have renewed it every year since.

·
Registered
8 Posts
wow that is alot of window stickers.
In UK only ones required are Tax, and then if your car is over 4 years old it needs an MOT, which has to be shown on your windscreen as a sticker to show you have renewed it every year since.
The MOT sticker must be specific to Northern Ireland as it certainly isn't required here in England. Also, in England cars need to have their first MOT when they are 3 years old not 4.

Wouldn't you think that the UK would have consistent laws - oh no, that would be far too simple!

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
I have the original MB signature sticker, I left it there for the cool factor. :D, None required for Colorado, I had a couple while driving in Germany and Austria. One was an Austrian road tax, can't recall what the other sticker was for.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
The MOT sticker must be specific to Northern Ireland as it certainly isn't required here in England. Also, in England cars need to have their first MOT when they are 3 years old not 4.

Wouldn't you think that the UK would have consistent laws - oh no, that would be far too simple!
well i never! never knew that the law was different in England. This sticker to show passed MOT was only introduced two years ago. ruins a nice car, as big ugly sticker shouting im over4!!!!!

typical Blair, one rule for each of his domains. Our car insurance is about 4 times the price of yours also.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
We don't have any required here in Germany to my knowledge (being on SOFA status). But there is an autobahn sticker, not sure what its for. Gero? Some insight, please?

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Autobahn stickers are used in Austria, not in Germany. But we have green stickers because of the CO² discussion. Some towns (Stuttgart for example) let you drive in the town only if you have it. And we have some for light tests. But you dont have to fix them.

The only I have is on a role under wool. 400 threecoat stickers on one role...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.