Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Got the windscreen from Germany today etched SLK 1 out of 1171
will post some pic's after tommorrow's drive.

Thanks Eddy,Gero et al

Coudn't wait
Looks great Gene! Now you need to adjust your signature.

Question though...does the etching hinder your view at all? Looks a tad high based on the headrest.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Hi Gene,
this will cost you a Pils:Beer::tu: Congrats ;)

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Purdy, purdy, purdy. I just bought the one on Ebay, plain no etching. Probably put one of our helicopter decals down low in the middle.

These cars are great. Y)

·
2,624 Posts
Purdy, purdy, purdy. I just bought the one on Ebay, plain ni etching. Probably put one of our helicopter decals down low in the middle.

These cars are great. Y)
Doug, did you get a full-size one or just the center-mounted one?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Full size, $145 US $20 shipping. Best price I found and since the 99 came without and Bretta(Wife) has long hair, well you know, keep her happy and life is GUUUUD.:Beer:

·
2,624 Posts
Full size, $145 US $20 shipping. Best price I found and since the 99 came without and Bretta(Wife) has long hair, well you know, keep her happy and life is GUUUUD.:Beer:
Shoulda' asked this too...is it tilted or just straight up and down accross both roll bars?

·
2,624 Posts
:hijacked: Sorry to hijack your thread Gene, but I think this will be helpful info for anyone that happens upon this thread looking for info on windblockers.

Doug? It's only money, that's what you said right?

You're probably not going to like it at night. The problem with the one's that don't have some degree of tilt is that they reflect oncoming lights right back into your rearview mirror. :td: Obviously, I don't need to explain the problem with THAT.

Sooo..you got a great price because it was much easier to make than the ones that are heat tilted.

I can't find the site now, but there are threads here about the wind deflector. I'll do a search and see if I can find it.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
See What you mean. I will send it to Denver to our fabrication dept and have them put it in the heater and tilt the center portion. Nice to be part of Air Methods, the largest medical helicopter provider in the world, we have our own fabrication shop for plastic windows for aircraft. Live and learn, I will ask next time. thanks:Beer:

·
2,624 Posts
See What you mean. I will send it to Denver to our fabrication dept and have them put it in the heater and tilt the center portion. Nice to be part of Air Methods, the largest medical helicopter provider in the world, we have our own fabrication shop for plastic windows for aircraft. Live and learn, I will ask next time. thanks:Beer:
Sorry...

I found the site: http://www.windrestrictor.com/ $249, for a clean, full-sized one. Just FYI...

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Thanks Kevin, Good poop for us new guys. Thanks Gene for use of your post. I'm new to this forum thing as well as the SLK. Heck, to be soooo old, I'm new to so many things (depression setting in, time for a drive thru the country).

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:tu: Thats Ok guys it's not my thread and useful info trading is what its about ---ours is the OEM screen and thanks to Gero it is the limited one --- cost from Germany was 476.00 included shipping and vat --- good deal ? we think so here the regular oem are 690.00 before tax.

Scott ---next weekend is out , got a Nevada meet May 4-5 -6 and Easter is spoken for --- we would be happy
to come down just so you guys could see it in person:biglaugh: :biglaugh: maybe meet at starbucks you guys could look then we could drive home ---- we could probably stay longer if you want to see how it holds up under actual road conditions we could conduct scientific wind and acceleration test, lateral g force and panic stop test I'm sure all the forum would be holding their breath for the results if we can set up a time to do it:tu: :tu:

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
:tu: Thats Ok guys it's not my thread and useful info trading is what its about ---ours is the OEM screen and thanks to Gero it is the limited one --- cost from Germany was 476.00 included shipping and vat --- good deal ? we think so here the regular oem are 690.00 before tax.

Scott ---next weekend is out , got a Nevada meet May 4-5 -6 and Easter is spoken for --- we would be happy
to come down just so you guys could see it in person:biglaugh: :biglaugh: maybe meet at starbucks you guys could look then we could drive home ---- we could probably stay longer if you want to see how it holds up under actual road conditions we could conduct scientific wind and acceleration test, lateral g force and panic stop test I'm sure all the forum would be holding their breath for the results if we can set up a time to do it:tu: :tu:
It looks exclusive Gene. The price is reasonable (although if you wore short shorts and pink V neck T-shirt, the dealer might give it to you for around $350, a la 280Lady :biglaugh:, just kidding). I'm glad you got a quick orientation on installation while you were in SoCal :D.

Here's what you can do to the OEM bag that came with it to gain more space in the trunk/boot (I use key rings on each end and velcro strips, the bag fits in the area where the SAT/NAV might be installed, I have the owner's manual, original whip antenna and smaller items in there):

close up of key ring and velcro strip (available at any hardware store):

Velcro strip keeps bag in place except in spirited/enthusiastic driving.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
(although if you wore short shorts and pink V neck T-shirt, the dealer might give it to you for around $350, a la 280Lady :biglaugh:, just kidding).
Eddy -- If I added some orange spike heels and stood on a golden colored bridge 90 miles west of me I might:Banane23: get it for free.:biglaugh: :biglaugh: (Jo said if I put on that type of costume I have to stay home)

I'm going to try putting the storage bag in like you suggested good idea and thanks for the installation lesson on the windscreen--- got it on in the first try:tu:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.