Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I had a problem which started when i rolled up the windows. The front windows were rolled down about half way and i pressed the up button to the one touch position on both passanger and drivers sides. The drivers window rolled up but the passenger side rolled up until the button was released. After checking this and recheccking it kept doing the same thing. So I opened the passenger door and the window dropped about 3" (75mm) but did not go back up. Knowing the windows are linked to the Vario Roof I then checked the operation of this. I pressed and held the button, the drivers window lowered slightly whislt passenger window dropped about 3", The boot lid raised but the roof made no attempt to open. I then closed the boot (with the button) the drivers window closed but the passenger window went fully down the back to the 3" position. I reset the windows (as instrucutions on the forum) but no change. After sitting in the car thinking, i tried the roof again and everything was fine, tried the passenger window and it worked fine.
I am now thinking that something could be on its way out.

I would be really greatful for any advice and your thoughts.
Lee

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts
I just think things got confused. Keep your eye on it. Bet it don't happen again
if it does, reset

disconnect the neg cable a minimum of 30 mins
reconnect and resynch windows and reset clock

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE
Today, Whilst driving I went to roll down the windows to allow some fresh air in and the drivers window operated as it should bu the passenger window didnt move. So i pulled up and tried again, this time with the audio off so i could hear anything strange. I pressed the button, no movement just 3 clicks in the passenger door, pressed it to go up and the same 3 clicks. Again this stops the roof from opening when i tried it. The rear quarters open bu the passenger window didnt move. The window doesnt drop either when opening the door. Any thoughts/suggestions would be warmly welcomed.

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK350
2,562 Posts
UPDATE
Today, Whilst driving I went to roll down the windows to allow some fresh air in and the drivers window operated as it should bu the passenger window didnt move. So i pulled up and tried again, this time with the audio off so i could hear anything strange. I pressed the button, no movement just 3 clicks in the passenger door, pressed it to go up and the same 3 clicks. Again this stops the roof from opening when i tried it. The rear quarters open bu the passenger window didnt move. The window doesnt drop either when opening the door. Any thoughts/suggestions would be warmly welcomed.
Sounds like it could be the door control module for that door. They are susceptible to rain water getting to them and damaging the circuit board. Do a search on the forum for it. You should find several threads.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have had a look on the net, apparently there is a bit of a problem with this type of fault. I have read that when the infa red beam operating the roof is broken (the key to door handle to operate the roof) then this problem could arrise. This ties in because i changed the key fob batteries and i did try the roof from the key as it didnt work previously. It did work, but i stopped it halfway, before closing. I am currently resetting the system (battery diconnection for 30 min) as Jeff advises. I will update shortly.

·
*DAS/STAR Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
4,037 Posts
As has been mentioned, it sounds like a door controller ....

A scan with STAR will confirm - you need a trip to your local main dealer or Indy ....

If it is a door controller, they can be bought used fairly cheaply on Evilbay and the like - the downside is that it'll need coding to your car, so another dealer/indy visit needed!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.