Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
*Registered
2003 SLK230
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that late fall is here I'm occasionally having window fogging issues. I know that normally this is a leaky heater core issue but two things lead me to suspect something else. I'm not low on coolant and I don't get that anti-freeze smell when it happens. I haven't started poking around yet but I'm wondering if it's possilbe that water is getting into the heater box somehow.

Any similar experiences or outright guesses are welcome. Thanks in advance.

·
*Registered
2003 SLK230
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all. Jeff, sorry about being lazy. I did look through the searches and learned a few things. I wasn't aware what the rest function was. Being from Minnesota, I'm pretty familiar with condensation issues and how to clear them. This is a different situation and I suspect water is getting into the blower. I'll check the seals and clear out the drain tubes and see if that helps. I checked the passenger mats and they are dry. FYI cockneyrick, in this country, the passenger sits where God intended, on the right side (unless you're nimble and extremely lucky).

Cheers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.