Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium member 2018 SLC43
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting something out of my car today and noticed the windows weren't up all the way. Went to where they go when you open the door. Thought I heard something Sunday night but being half deef, I can't tell sound direction very well. Tried raising them with the door switch, but they went up and then back down about an inch! Kept futzing with the door and console switches and opening and closing the door a few times, finally got them to go up and stay up, and also do the little door open/close dance every time. Anyone else seen this? Try that if you do. Almost came in to find the window calibration sequence posted here but seems OK for now. Both sides affected.

Weather was cool and dry so that wasn't it. I think this has happened before and must have fixed itself. I recall occasional wind noise. Tried the up switch while driving, but no joy, forgot to check later. I swannee it worked when new (still only 3900 miles). Now I'll have to look every time I get out to see'f they went up all the way. :(

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,536 Posts
I was getting something out of my car today and noticed the windows weren't up all the way. Went to where they go when you open the door. Thought I heard something Sunday night but being half deef, I can't tell sound direction very well. Tried raising them with the door switch, but they went up and then back down about an inch! Kept futzing with the door and console switches and opening and closing the door a few times, finally got them to go up and stay up, and also do the little door open/close dance every time. Anyone else seen this? Try that if you do. Almost came in to find the window calibration sequence posted here but seems OK for now. Both sides affected.

Weather was cool and dry so that wasn't it. I think this has happened before and must have fixed itself. I recall occasional wind noise. Tried the up switch while driving, but no joy, forgot to check later. I swannee it worked when new (still only 3900 miles). Now I'll have to look every time I get out to see'f they went up all the way. :(
you need to synch your windows
Procedure called 'reset' in r172 language

procedure is in your manual

but quickly

1. get in car
2. shut door
3. start engine or pos 1 or 2
4. open windows
5. close windows and then when closed, hold up switch for an extra 2 seconds
6. done

·
96,536 Posts
Procedure from owner's manual
page 76

Resetting the side windows
If a side window can no longer be closed fully,
you must reset it.
X Close all the doors.
X Turn the SmartKey to position1or2in the
ignition lock.
X Pull the corresponding switch on the door
control panel until the side window is completely
closed (Y page 75).
X Hold the switch for an additional second.
If the side window opens again slightly:
X Immediately pull the corresponding switch on
the door control panel until the side window is
completely closed (Y page 75).
X Hold the switch for an additional second.
If the respective side window remains closed
after the button is released, then it has been
set correctly. If this is not the case, repeat the
steps above.

·
96,536 Posts

·
Premium member 2018 SLC43
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so i did all that searching/typing for nothing? i thought you had the problemo :D
Thanks, but I also stated I was already familiar with the "window calibration sequence." Just wasn't needed after a few tries. Four trips, no further problems. Probably just a fluke.

·
96,536 Posts
I still love you man! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts