·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It will appear under windows updates
you have to select it
you might get errors before it gets to download, inspect and install

you might get errors like:

"This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10" error on a computer that has a USB device or SD card attached

or

Windows 10 v1903 update fails to install with error code 0x8007000E.
Windows 10 v1903 cannot be downloaded (stuck on "Pending Download")
Windows 10 v1903 freezes while installing.
The Windows 10 v1903 installation failed at the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during BOOT operation with error 0xC1900101 – 0x40017.
Windows 10 v1903 update failed to install with error 0x80242016.

and others!

Good Luck! :D

It did install for me after I got a bunch of the above errors

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have five with SSDs and no errors. I will have to say I use to work computers and networks. Will say to all to unplug all thumb drives and backup if you have any install unless it the one you are using to install from. I have done several dozen since I got my copy several weeks back and only one issue which was a bad hard drive. Have fun.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for the heads up, more spy software lol !!

I only have one Pooter on Win 10, my daily driver Dell Server that I'm on now.

I use Skype a lot on this one, with guys all around the world, so need it, but damn it, every time Skype does an update, (at least once a week) it nukes my f**%$$* desktop and requires a total shut down and restart :(

I have around 30 other Laptops, all Dell D620 / 630 and a few D830's which are running various stand alone Dealer Level Diagnostics for all different Marques, a couple I use for my Roadshow, (D830's on Win 7), and the latest one I just built for Programming ECU's and Modules is also a D630 running Win 7.

Apart from the odd one that is Internet friendly for doing a TV on someones Car miles upon miles away, most of them never see the internet, and more importantly, none of them are allowed to update.

Touching wood, they never give me a moments trouble, always work like a charm :wink:

Every "daily driver" I've ever had and used on line always end up nuking its Hard Drive / Software, and I do believe it is all the updates that are designed to gradually slow them down and turn them obsolete so folks keep buying new.

I no longer keep any important files on this one, for example my Motor Parts Invoices are sent daily from suppliers, end of month statements, my own sales invoices etc etc, so when they are 2 months old they get copied to USB Stick, deleted from this one and filed away on a safe non Wi Fi "Business" storage laptop !!

Learned that the hard way years ago :wink

Cheers Dave

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this update hasn't darkened my door yet. I run Pro, does that make a difference?
go to search or cortana bottom left
type
check for updates
click it
click check for updates
see if it shows up :D

·
Super Moderator
24,172 Posts
No worries.

If you do not do the update by choice they will back door it to your pc.
Except, by then they will maybe have sorted it.

Update after update, then the host forums update.
Then, one day, you meet a programmer face to face.
They need updating more than the system.

·
6007.us
2,608 Posts
Not concerned, have a Whole Bunch of PCs and parts but this desktop has parts dating to the last century, an '09 2.5 GHz quad-core CPU & 8GB memory, dual big monitors, & wired ethernet running 112 Mbps down. The major speed improvement this decade is a 500 GB flash drive. Seems to be fine on 1803 & have no real concerns about 1903.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts