Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!!
I need help with window tinting. I wanted to get the front side windows(driver and passenger sides) tinted. They guy told me that he would want me to sign a waiver because the motor for those automatic windows are right there close to base of window, so if water gets in the motor can go out!! Is this true? What are your experiences? I would appreciate the advice!!

·
aka Denny
196 Posts
Sounds strange to me. I had mine tinted via my dealer when I purchased the SLK. They outsourced it to someone else, but I paid the dealer and it was worked into the overall price of the car purchase. The warranty is all still valid and there was no mention of a risk. I'm not sure how that thin piece of film would make a difference.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Is he using water in the tinting process??? That sounds odd.
My mate is about to tint my windows and he didn't mention anything like that...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. Ya...I think I will try and find someone else. I guess he does use water in the tinting process and he said if water gets through the crack it can burn the motor! I have never heard that before. I do not know much when it comes to tinting but isn't there another way of tinting without using water?

·
aka Denny
196 Posts
I don't know much about tinting, but I'm thinking the use of water isn't the problem. I think the problem is an installer not taking proper care to isolate the working area.

When mine was tinted (including the rear window), there was a bunch of liquid marks from something dripping onto the plastic thing in the trunk (you know - the "thingy" you need closed to open the top - can't think of the name). It cleaned right up, but it showed that the tinting used a wet process.

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
I don't think there is a way without water, and water gets in when it rains, I would look for another tinter without a waiver.

I have used my guy for 10+ cars never a problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.