Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK350-sold
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to get an actual window sticker, or at least a definitive list of true options from a data card? I typically use AutoBlog.com to do a build/price with options to see what is/was available for a older car, and it is usually very close. I did notice that one year SLK did not show the heating package as an option, but other than that it seemed accurate.
I know that the data card, is effectively a build sheet, not a list of added on options over a base model of each body.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,893 Posts
true options? you mean the brochure list for your model year was not enuff?

and the datacard is a list of 'added on' options in addition to a build sheet :D
you ordered an option? then it will be on your datacard or build sheet

http://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/167265-mercedes-brochure-archive.html#post1511249

or the options list in the datacard thread?

http://www.slkworld.com/slk-r171-general-discussion/10881-r171-control-option-codes.html

your datacard thread

http://www.slkworld.com/vehicle-data-card/326769-data-card-request-my-new-purchase.html

·
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
true options? you mean the brochure list for your model year was not enuff?

and the datacard is a list of 'added on' options in addition to a build sheet :D
you ordered an option? then it will be on your datacard or build sheet

http://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/167265-mercedes-brochure-archive.html#post1511249

or the options list in the datacard thread?

http://www.slkworld.com/slk-r171-general-discussion/10881-r171-control-option-codes.html

your datacard thread

http://www.slkworld.com/vehicle-data-card/326769-data-card-request-my-new-purchase.html
I understand that, but I mean "optional" options. Like extra features, as in which ones are paid for, not build choices of what parts are chosen based on things like color. A lot of the items on the data card are on all SLKs, correct?
I think mine has these "Option Packages" with these features.

• Trim Package - $700
    • Wood & Leather Steering Wheel
    • Wood & Leather Shift Knob
    • Vavona Wood Trim
  • Heating Package - $950
    • Heated Front Seats
    • AIRSCARF
    • Neck-level heating system.
  • Lighting Package - $975
    • Bi-Xenon High Intensity Discharge Headlamps
    • Corner-Illuminating Front Foglamps
    • Heated Headlamp Washers
  • Comfort Package - $1,125
    • Includes 3-position memory. Driver's seatmemory includes steering column and outside mirror positions.
    • 8-Way Power Driver/Passenger Seats
    • 4-Way Power Steering Column
  • Premium Package - $1,450
    • Parameter Steering
    • HomeLink Wireless Control System
    • Includes 3-button garage door opener.
    • Autodimming Driver Mirror
    • Autodimming Rearview Mirror
    • Rain-Sensing Intermittent Wipers
    • Dual Zone Automatic Air Conditioning
    • Ambient Light Package (Includes interiorlighting of console and footwells.)
    • IR Remote Roof Automation
  • Entertainment Package w/Navigation - $2,800
    • COMAND w/DVD Navigation (Includes 6.5"LCD in-dash screen and map database for contiguous US, Hawaii and Canada on asingle DVD. Dealer-Installed Accessory.)
    • Harman Kardon Sound System (Includes 380watt Logic7 digital surround sound system with 11 speakers and 7.1 channelamplifier.)
    • Factory Installed 6-Disc CD Changer (Gloveboxmounted. )
  • Transmission: Electronic 7-Speed Automatic w/OD - $1,390

Is there a direct correlation for codes to packages? Like if you have "232" then you have "Premium Package " and everything else in it, or if you have "242" then you have "Comfort Package" and everything else. I will be glad to work through what codes are in what package, but didn't want to duplicate effort. And is there a replica window sticker service out there for these?

·
Founding Member 2006
108,893 Posts
yes but 232 in your example is not premium package but :D

232 GARAGE DOOR OPENER WITH 284 - 390 MHZ FREQUENCY

but yes, if you have option 030 you have performance package for 55 AMG
the components of the package are listed in the brochure

·
Founding Member 2006
108,893 Posts
I have my original window sticker but no, you cannot get an original window sticker

so to clarify, the options in your datacard reflect the options listed in the options pdf above and what is included in the packages are in the brochure for your model car.

This is fun! :D

·
Founding Member 2006
108,893 Posts
From my window sticker option 581 digital automatic climate control
319 lighting package
320 multimedia package

the optional packages may or may not be included with the datacard and added after car/datacard is built

·
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes but 232 in your example is not premium package but :D

232 GARAGE DOOR OPENER WITH 284 - 390 MHZ FREQUENCY

but yes, if you have option 030 you have performance package for 55 AMG
the components of the package are listed in the brochure
Correct, 232 is Homelink, and homelink is part of the premium package. So if you have 232, you have the auto dim mirrors and other parts of Premium package, it is not available as a separate item. (for 2005, the packages do change over the years)

·
Founding Member 2006
108,893 Posts
well after 10 years here, I haven't heard of a reprint which would be nice :D

·
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For kicks I tried contacting MBUSA and I got this reply. It was the same exact info on the DataCard this site provided but it did not include the top part with build/delivery date.

Dear Ed:

Thanks for your email to Mercedes-Benz USA.

Although the window sticker is no longer able to be reproduced, we would be more than happy to provide a copy of the vehicle's datacard which includes a listing of all the vehicle's equipment. Please find this information in the attachment.

We hope this information helps and appreciate the opportunity to assist.

Best regards,

Olivia
Mercedes-Benz USA

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.