Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 2000 SLK and have an issue with the drivers side window.

The window does not go down. It will move a few cm down and when I put it up, it goes up too far so the door does not close properly.

I have been told I need a new 'drivers side drop glass' which I am trying to source from a breakers yard. I am a bit confused though, is this a completely new piece of glass or something that has fallen off the existing glass that needs replacing?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,716 Posts
Not sure that a window reset works on the 170.

Try taking both windows down and hold for a count of 5.
Take both up and hold for 5.

Free to try, at least.

Unless the window is damaged, I don't get the new window recommendation.
It might not be sitting correctly in the runner.
You'd need to remove the door card to see.

I'll post a list of members who might know and they will check in at some point.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,217 Posts
No Myk, r170 does not have a reset/synch procedure as r171 and r172 does
r170 windows do not lower when doors are open/closed

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
3,192 Posts
@Avel Du and @jbanks15 : There is a sort of reset procedure but it's not that clever. Holding both window buttons in the "up" position simultaneously for a few seconds after the glass is fully raised can let the car's controller re-learn the motor's new full up/full down cycle.

Hi @danvan I'd first look at PelicanParts website as their tutorials are very good. However their site is very slow at present.

Front Side Window Replacement
Front Window Adjustment.

There is a Youtube video that helps with the adjustments too:

Good luck!

·
Registered 1999 SLK230
204 Posts
Ok there is plenty of stuff about adjusting the bump stops on early models, mine 1999.

Also about those front bump stops falling off.

If part of the bump stop has fallen off, or become miss alighned the window will go high and become cockeyed in the runners.

Sometimes small up and down movements to get it alighned will help you get it down, but you will need to readjust stops to prevent over run.

I would give full info, but already done on here, about to head to airport so sorry i havent time to find for you, will check back latter see if you have found it

Cheers

Update this is as good as any to give you what you need

https://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/Mercedes-SLK230/58-INTERIOR-Front_Window_Adjustment/58-INTERIOR-Front_Window_Adjustment.htm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.